[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Contributions - IROS 2015 Tutorial on Teaching Robotics with a Simulator

Renaud Detry renaud.detry at ulg.ac.be
Tue Aug 25 09:15:44 PDT 2015

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

IROS 2015 Tutorial on
Teaching Robotics with a Simulator
October 2, 2015, Hamburg

http://teaching-robotics.org/trs-iros2015/

This tutorial presents a cross-platform robot development and
simulation environment that can be installed in five minutes and that
allows students to write control, navigation, vision or manipulation
algorithms in a hundred lines of Matlab or Python code. The tutorial
relies on the V-REP robot simulator, and on the Matlab Robotics
Toolbox (RTB). The key feature of this combination is its ease of use
– both tools are trivial to install. The tutorial is intended for
teachers and students. Students will install the simulation
environment on their laptop and learn everything they need to know to
start implementing and testing robot algorithms. Teachers will return
home with a ready-to-use recipe for organizing a master-level robotics
project. This event follows our successful tutorial at IROS 2014. In
this instance, we will focus on providing hands-on experience to the
audience with an hour-long practice session.

We welcome the submission of abstracts (200 words) about one's
experience in teaching or learning robotics with a simulator, or in
doing research with a simulator. In particular, we will welcome
presentations by students relating a project implemented with RTB or
V-REP, and presentations by teachers relating their experience in
teaching with a simulator. Selected authors will present their ideas
to the participants during the tutorial.

Format: 200 words
Submission deadline: September 15, 2015
Notification of acceptance: September 20, 2015

Abstracts should be sent via email to Renaud Detry
<renaud.detry at ulg.ac.be>

SPEAKERS/ORGANIZERS

Renaud Detry, University of Liege, Belgium
Peter Corke, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Marc Freese, Coppelia Robotics

CONTACT/MORE INFO

http://teaching-robotics.org/trs-iros2015/

--