[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] robotics research scientist at Bosch Palo Alto, California
Riano Lorenzo (CR/RTC1.1-NA)
Lorenzo.Riano at us.bosch.com
Mon Aug 31 17:05:34 PDT 2015
Apologizes for multiple postings, but a previous email had a non-working link. Please use the link below to apply to the position.
The personal robotics research team at Bosch, Palo Alto is looking for an outstanding candidate with expertise in mobile robotics, navigation, planning, manipulation or control. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D in robotics or related field, and previous working experience developing large scale software solutions for mobile robotics.
To apply please visit the website https://your.bosch-career.com/en/web/us/us/applying_us/jobsearch_9/-/cui/job/ZRB_UNREG_SEARCH/en/46622A256D031EE594817B543D8F8C2B
Duties and Tasks:
Perform research, develop, implement and evaluate algorithms for collaborative robotics. The developed algorithms will enable humans and robots to safely share and work in the same environment. The proposed solutions must be adaptable to a variety of platforms, sensors and environments. The candidate will work in an interdisciplinary team on an exciting project with a potentially large impact worldwide.
* Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in developing solution for mobile robots.
* Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following fields: navigation, motion planning, manipulation or grasping.
* Working knowledge of optimal control methods and optimization methods.
* Excellent C++ programming expertise required, and proven expertise working with large code bases.
* Excellent knowledge of ROS is required.
* Working experience with at least one mobile robotic platform is required, more than one is a plus.
* Python and Java knowledge is a plus.
* Proven system integration and software architecture skills.
* Knowledge of Linux, and development on Linux systems preferred.
* The ability to develop, understand and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly.
* Experience with modern software engineering tools.
* Experience working independently in a large software setting.
* Excellent communication skills and demonstrate a proven ability to multitask and deliver on challenging software development tasks.
Required Application Materials:
1. Cover letter
3. Two references and/or two letters of recommendation
4. A statement of past experiences and how they apply to the position posted
All items are mandatory. Your application will not be complete and won't be processed unless you submit all four items.
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA
More information at https://your.bosch-career.com/en/web/us/us/applying_us/jobsearch_9/-/cui/job/ZRB_UNREG_SEARCH/en/46622A256D031EE594817B543D8F8C2B
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Research and Technology Center North America 1.1 - Autonomous Technologies (CR/RTC1.1-NA)
Lorenzo.Riano at us.bosch.com<mailto:Lorenzo.Riano at us.bosch.com>
More information about the robotics-worldwide