[robotics-worldwide] [software] Source code for DPPTAM, a dense monocular odometry.

Alejo Concha Belenguer aconchabelenguer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 13:18:02 PST 2015

We are pleased to release the source code for our dense monocular odometry
algorithm, called DPPTAM.
It is described in our IROS 2015 paper:

[1] Alejo Concha, Javier Civera. DPPTAM: Dense Piecewise Planar Tracking
and Mapping from a Monocular Sequence. In IEEE/RSJ International Conference
on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS15), Hamburg, Germany, 2015

DPPTAM is a direct monocular odometry algorithm that estimates a dense
reconstruction of a scene in real-time on a CPU. Highly textured image
areas are mapped using standard direct mapping techniques, that minimize
the photometric error across different views. We make the assumption that
homogeneous-color regions belong to approximately planar areas.

The source code is released under GPLv3 license. For details please view
the licence file in the source.

Source code https://github.com/alejocb/dpptam
Video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R3DkwKrWiI

We hope that people find it useful.