[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Would You Like To Work On A Robot That Is In Space?
Judas, Paul A. (JSC-ER6)[Jacobs Technology, Inc.]
paul.a.judas at nasa.gov
Wed Dec 2 10:25:55 PST 2015
HX5 is looking for a Robotics Software Engineer, Engineer II to fill an open on the JETS contract in Houston, Texas. The qualified candidate will develop software for cutting edge bipedal and highly dexterous robotic systems such as NASA's Robonaut that can work side by side with humans to work and explore in space and on distant moons and planets. The candidate will lead efforts to design and develop complex humanoid robotic systems and software and develop practical control algorithms for robotic system control for defined requirements. The ideal candidate will create and design software while working in a fast-paced, team-centered environment. The qualified candidate will perform real-time testing of control development and perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience with course work in robotic systems.
* Must be able to successfully operate in a highly dynamic engineering environment with a large team of engineers working to rapidly develop robotic functionality on a compressed schedule.
* Experience developing software for humanoid robotic systems in one or more of the following specialty areas:
o Path Planning
o Grasp planning
o Machine vision
o Artificial intelligence
o Machine learning
o Human-Robot interaction
* Experience with C/C++, ROS, Python languages and systems.
Must be a US Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
HX5 will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
HX5 offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off
HX5 is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: [hidden email] or call (850) 362-6551.
More information about the robotics-worldwide