[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] AI/Robotics openings at SSCI (near Boston)

Kai-yuh Hsiao eepness at mit.edu
Thu Dec 3 12:08:52 PST 2015

Please forward to lists and people who might be interested.

SSCI is a small (~50 people) company working on AI software for unmanned vehicles and robotics in the Boston area.  We are currently looking for candidates to help design, adapt, and embed advanced planning and navigation algorithms onto unmanned aerial and underwater vehicles, including collaborative multi-vehicle teams.

Requirements:

* Ph.D., master's degree, or bachelor's degree with at least three years of relevant experience.

* Background in AI, machine learning, robotics, autonomous unmanned systems, or related, preferably including game theory, task assignment, POMDPs, schedule optimization, and/or path planning.

* Proficiency with C/C++, Linux build systems, and some subset of Python, Matlab, ROS, OpenCV, MOOS, scikit, or similar.

* U.S. citizenship is required (we have a lot of DARPA and government funding).

SSCI's focus is on building the next generation of autonomous unmanned systems, on the far edge of robotics and autonomy research.  This means designing and applying cutting-edge AI algorithms to real-world systems, often working with academic partners at schools like MIT, BU, UC Berkeley, BYU, Olin, and others.

Recent projects have involved game theory, Bayesian models, POMDPs, deep learning, path and schedule planning, swarm robotics, and vision-based navigation.  Some of our software is routinely in use on deployed aerial platforms, and we spend a significant proportion of our time doing real-world testing on full-scale platforms provided by our hardware partners.

As a small company, our teams are very fluid and our employees have the opportunity to build a broad base of algorithm and domain experience very quickly.  At the same time, we're also careful to maintain work-life balance and practice responsible management.

Please contact me at khsiao (at) ssci.com if you'd like to submit a resume or schedule a quick phone call to learn more about the company and our projects.

Thanks!

 - Kai-yuh

--------
Kai-yuh Hsiao, Ph.D.
Principal Research Engineer, Autonomous Systems Group
Scientific Systems Company, Inc.
khsiao (at) ssci.com