[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Embedded Systems Engineer Position at Pneubotics (San Francisco)

Thomas Allen tom at otherlab.com
Tue Dec 8 16:14:13 PST 2015

About us:

Pneubotics is looking for strong candidates to help build the world’s first
soft robotic arms. We have reimagined robots from the ground up to produce
soft machines that are stronger, safer, and more efficient in construction
and operation than ever before. We are now building the core team that will
help our robots take their first steps into the world

.

Pneubotics is an Otherlab company based in the Mission district in San
Francisco. We offer a vibrant environment, competitive benefits, and the
chance to help guide the direction of a new company. As we grow our small,
tight-knit team we are looking to hire people that have an appetite for
solving hard problems. If you have a background in creating sophisticated
machines or building a company and have a strong desire to tread into the
unknown, we would like to hear from you.

The position:

We are looking for an embedded systems engineer with a diverse set of
skills to build the nervous system for our unique brand of robots. The
flexible nature of our technology gives it inherent softness but comes with
a higher sensing and computation requirement. We use a sophisticated
network of embedded nodes to sense and control the system. The primary
responsibilities of this position will focus on maturing our embedded
system to efficiently handle the large amount of sensing data and the high
data rates required. It is expected that this person will also be
responsible for enhancing the system’s sensory capability by adding
additional modes of sensing. The right candidate will have a good
foundation in the following.

Required:

BS in electrical/computer engineering or similar field with at least 4
years experience.

Ability to design, layout, procure, and debug custom PCBs

Experience designing networked embedded systems that can support high data
rates with low latency.

Ability to write high quality firmware to enable real-time communications
and control

Hands on experience with motor control and driver circuits

Proficiency with C, C++, and Linux

You must enjoy working in teams but can complete complex tasks that require
critical thinking without supervision.

Preferred:

MS or above in relevant field with at least 4 years experience.

Hands on experience designing embedded systems for robotics or similar
mechatronic systems

Signal processing and analog circuit design experience is a large plus

Background in implementing classical control systems

Ability to speak physics fluently and effectively.

If interested, please email a resume and brief description of yourself to
robot-jobs at otherlab.com

More information at http://www.pneubotics.com/ and https://otherlab.com/