[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Lead engineer position in new startup: next generation, interactive, outdoor games

Roland Graf rolgraf at umich.edu
Sat Dec 12 15:06:31 PST 2015

The Daylight Media Lab is a new start up based at the University of Michigan developing award winning prototypes for interactive outdoor games that connect players to sunlight and outdoor environments, unencumbered by screens or controller. Our systems will impact the way entertainment technology is perceived and used with potential to usher in a new wave of outdoor interactive technologies in physical therapy, media, advertising, sports or recreation (see video of first prototype: https://vimeo.com/138126896 <https://vimeo.com/138126896>).

We are looking for a creative engineer to lead the development of our next generation platform.  The ideal candidate is a multi-disciplinary innovator with a BS or MS/PhD in Computer Vision / Robotics / related field or equivalent practical experience.

Skills:
* Proven excellence designing, building, programming, and integrating software and hardware for robotic systems
* Fluent in C/C++, and experience integrating with standard robotics frameworks (LCM/ROS, OpenGL, OpenCV, etc.)
* Solid fundamentals in computer vision methods and concepts
* Experience with mechatronics, controls and embedded systems
* Experience in designing (CAD) and fabricating mechanical systems
* Self-driven learner. Dive-in mentality.

Benefits:
* Competitive salary and benefits
* Inspiring and fun work place at a major research University
* Shaping the next generation of entertainment systems in a start up environment

Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Apply: Email your resume and examples of your past experience (project links with clear indication of your role/video/code/papers/etc.) to: solarpinkpong-staff (at) umich.edu <http://umich.edu/>
Please indicate your eligibility to work in the United States.

With regards,

Roland Graf, Edwin Olson, and Jason Corso
Co-Founders