[robotics-worldwide] [JOBS] Research Scientist/Engineer position in autonomous vehicle LOCALIZATION with A*STAR, Singapore

Bingbing Liu liubb2004 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:49:24 PST 2015

[JOBS] Research Scientist/Engineer positions in autonomous vehicle
localization with A*STAR, Singapore

The Institute for Infocomm Research (http://www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/) is a
member of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) family.

I2R's vision is to power a vibrant and strong infocomm ecosystem in
Singapore. The Autonomous Vehicle Department of I2R (
http://www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/autonomousvehicle/) has developed a fully
autonomous vehicle with the capabilities in terms of
Localization/Perception/Navigation/Middleware/Drive-by-wire technologies.

Recently, with all these technologies successfully enabled on I2R's
autonomous vehicle, the vehicle has been demonstrated to the Prime Minister
of Singapore, Mr. Lee Hsien Loong, and two more ministers, Mr. S Iswaran
and Dr. Vivian Balskrishnan and received their appraisals and highly
positive comments, as seen in these links,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkCzLLY2FQc  and

https://youtu.be/cUDgTRxP4ks

In order to cope with many industrial application requirements, I2R is now
recruiting talent for 1 immediate position in the area of Robotic
localization worldwide.

*********************

*Position: Research Scientists or Engineers on Robotic Localization*

*Job Description:*

You will be part of a team developing intelligent and robust localization
software for autonomous vehicles in outdoor urban environment. You are
required to perform research, development and implementation of algorithms
in the area of

*     Robotic localization or SLAM using 3D Lidar/Camera

*Requirements:*

 *      A PhD or Master degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer
Engineering or related field from a world known university

*      At least 3 years’ experience in SLAM and Monte-Carlo localization

*      Have good knowledge and hands-on experience on various sensors, i.e.
GPS/IMU/encoder, 3D Lidar, camera etc.

*      Have good knowledge and hands-on experience on estimation filters,
e.g. Kalman filter, particle filter etc.

*      Strong software development skills in C/C++, Python in Linux
environment

*      Extensive working experiences on ROS, OpenCV or other related robotic
 development environment

*      Able to develop and implement complex algorithms efficiently

*      Able to work independently

*      Good English spoken and written communication skills

*      Immediate availability is required

*********************

This job position is full-time with highly competitive salaries, which are
adjustable based on qualifications. The staff welfare includes
variable performance
bonus, annual leaves and staff medical insurance etc. This position is open
immediately till filled.

To apply, please email a detailed CV (including objective, education
background, courses, experiences, representative publications, skills and
references) to:

Dr. *Liu* Bingbing :: Institute for Infocomm Research (I²R) :: Agency for
Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) ::1 Fusionopolis Way, #21-01
Connexis (South Tower), Singapore 138632::Email: bliu(at)i2r.a-star.edu.sg