[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Researcher – Computer Vision & Robotics, Sharp Laboratories of Europe, Oxford, UK

sbarkby stephen.barkby at sharp.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 08:28:21 PST 2015

<http://robotics-worldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com/file/n5712890/Sharp.jpg>

Sharp Corporation, a leading global supplier of electronic products, is
currently expanding its business in the area of robotics. Sharp Laboratories
of Europe is seeking talented candidates with software skills to join the
team de-veloping and applying computer vision techniques for new robotics
applications, including object detection, classification and machine
learning. The successful applicant will have a PhD or equivalent in computer
vision and will be responsible for creating, developing, optimising and
testing software algorithms and methods.

Successful candidates will have:
 PhD or equivalent experience in computer vision
 Experience of machine learning
 Experience of object detection and classification techniques
 Minimum of one year relevant experience following PhD
 Strong programming skills, experience of C++ and Linux
 Interest in developing practical solutions to commercial problems
 Track record of creativity
 Willingness and ability to learn
 Happy working in and contributing to a team

Highly desirable would be experience of robotics, ROS, OpenCV or other
vision library, 3D imaging, optimisation, and version control (GIT)
As an R&D laboratory, the nature of our work demands creativity,
inventiveness and adaptability. Applicants who can demonstrate these
qualities, for example through a track record of patents or high quality
publications, will be at an advantage.
We provide extensive training and development and the use of purpose built
test laboratories. We offer excellent career development prospects and a
relocation and employment package that includes competitive salary, pension,
life assurance and local amenity benefits.

Please note — we cannot accept applications from non-EU workers who require
sponsorship.

Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to the HR Department at
jobs at sharp.co.uk quoting reference SLE/ JM-PG 15/12CVR

Closing Date: 29th January 2016

-----
Stephen Barkby – Robotics Research Supervisor
Displays and Embedded Systems Group

Sharp Laboratories of Europe Ltd., Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GB, UK
Website: www.sle.sharp.co.uk
Email: stephen.barkby at sharp.co.uk