[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Software Engineer at Verb Surgical

Seungkook Yun seanyun at verbsurgical.com
Tue Dec 15 14:07:47 PST 2015

Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and a collaboration
agreement from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a
medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. Here
at Verb Surgical, we turn technology and information into actions that
matter. For more information on Verb Surgical and our media coverage,
please visit our website at verbsurgical.com.

We are actively recruiting best-in-class engineering talent, including
Software Engineers. I have included addition job specifications below. If
you are at all interested, please send your resume directly to Sean
Seungkook Yun (seanyun at verbsurgical.com) or feel free to submit it via our
website (www.verbsurgical.com) and someone from our HR team will get back
to you.

Software Engineer -- Robotics

You will design and implement software for a surgical robotics system,
including a controller interface for a high degree of freedom manipulator,
motion planner, various kinds of user input devices and graphical display
for end users.

Qualifications
  BS in Robotics or Computer Science
  2+ years of experience for architecting complex robotics or other
software infrastructure
  Strong C++ skills
  Experience with Linux
  Experience with writing motion planners/controllers and applying them to
real world manipulation problems

Preferred Qualifications
  MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science or Equivalent Degree
  Experience with developing in one or more of these libraries/tools: STL,
Boost, ROS, Rviz, and MoveIt
  Experience with Python
  Experience with 2D/3D graphics or GUI: OpenGL, Gorilla, and QT
  Experience with working with industrial robots

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any review, use,
distribution or disclosure by others is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete all
copies of this message. Please be advised that the content of this message
is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's email system
administrator.