[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] SENIOR SYSTEM SOFTWARE ENGINEER at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Parinda Bhathiya Bandara Tammita Kumarasiri
parinda at ntu.edu.sg
Mon Dec 21 18:59:37 PST 2015
We are looking for a SENIOR SYSTEM SOFTWARE ENGINEER for designing control station user interface, system management and control functions to support remote automated control of aerobridge docking systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Human Factors Design experience for control station development
· Support UI concept validation by rapidly prototyping concepts
· Create innovative, maintainable and adaptable user interface software widgets
· Provide time estimates and implementation plans for feature development
· Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
· Review the work of other engineers and provide constructive guidance in a highly collaborative environment
· Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace
· Expand the user interface’s capabilities by using robots to solve specific customer tasks.
Key Skills & Experience Required
· 4+ years of industry experience
· Experience with UI frameworks including JQuery
· Experience with visualization libraries such as three.js
· Implemented user interfaces that successfully shipped with a product
· Ability to take direction from User Experience and Graphics Designers
· Experience programming in C++ on Linux platforms
· Familiar with Object Oriented Design Patterns
· Has an interest in good software engineering practices and maintaining code quality
· Self-motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal supervision
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline
Preference to Candidates with
· Experience with ROS
· Experience with Qt, QML, and/or similar software frameworks
· Experience developing highly reliable products using test-driven processes
You can send in your CV and a cover letter including a description of past experiences to Asst Prof Justin Dauwels at JDAUWELS at NTU.EDU.SG<mailto:JDAUWELS at NTU.EDU.SG>. An attractive remuneration based on the experiences and qualifications and a standard benefit package competitive with the industry will be provided for the successful applicant.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.
More information about the robotics-worldwide