[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Post Doctorate and Research Associate positions in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Fu Changhong (Dr)
changhongfu at ntu.edu.sg
Wed Dec 23 00:40:34 PST 2015
NTU: Post Doctorate and Research Associate positions in the Flight Mechanics and Control Laboratory in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NTU (Singapore) are immediately available.
Main Research topics: Vision-Based Object Detection and Tracking.
- Prospective candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree (applicable for Post Doctorate) or Master degree (applicable for Research Associate) in computer science, or other related disciplines.
- Strong publication record in the fields related to computer vision and pattern recognition.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English with very good communication skills.
- Concrete knowledge in C/C++ and MATLAB programming skills.
- Concrete knowledge in computer vision libraries, e.g. OpenCV.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Experience in real-time vision-based object detection and tracking application or project.
- Knowledge in working with Robot Operating System (ROS) is a plus.
- Knowledge in working with IMU and Laser Range Finder is a plus.
The application should consist of:
• A motivation letter (explaining the reason that you are interested in joining NTU),
• A CV with a full publication list,
• Transcripts of M.Sc. or/and Ph.D.,
• The contact details of two referees.
These documents must be compiled as a single pdf file, and named as "<Name>_<Surname>.pdf". Then, the single file should be sent to Email: erdal at ntu.edu.sg (http://www.erdalkayacan.com/) with a subject line of "RA or Postdoc application for PL project“.
The salaries are competitive and are determined according to the successful applicant’s accomplishments, experience and qualifications. The position will be available immediately once the candidate is selected. The applications will be reviewed directly until the position is filled.
The deadline for the applications is the 31st of January 2016.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.
More information about the robotics-worldwide