[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Internship in robotics at HRL Laboratories in Malibu, California

Hoffmann, Heiko hhoffmann at hrl.com
Tue Feb 3 14:26:08 PST 2015

Dear colleagues,

HRL has an opening for a paid internship in robotics, involving sensor processing, planning, and control in a simulation of a robotic swarm.
We are looking for an intern who is enthusiastic about robotics, has expertise in sensor processing, robot control, and physics simulations, and can develop software code efficiently without supervision. This project requires development of software, not hardware. Experience in computer vision and robot-to-robot communication is a plus. This position is available in the summer of 2015.

HRL Laboratories, LLC in sunny Malibu, California, is one of the world’s leading research institutes and is owned by both the Boeing Company and General Motors. HRL is an officially recognized IEEE Milestone and APS Physics Historic Site for being the place to invent the first working Laser. In addition, HRL has held many world records - e.g., most powerful solid state Laser in 2005 and lightest material in 2011 - and we are looking forward to add more.

Requirements:
B.A./B.S./M.S. in engineering, computer science, or related
Excellent programming skills
Commitment to deliver an outstanding work performance
Demonstrated experience in robotics

Special requirement (Important!):
US PERSON STATUS REQUIRED (PERMANENT RESIDENT OR US CITIZEN - This is a MUST).

*** Important ****
In your application, state if you are a US citizen or legal permanent resident (i.e., Greencard holder). Applications without such a statement will be ignored.
*******************

Starting date: May 2015

Applications (CV) and cover letter (can be in email) should be sent directly to me at hhoffmann at hrl.com<http://hrl.com>.
The cover letter should express why you are interested in this position and highlight your strengths (max. 1 page). The selection process will be competitive. Upon receiving applications, we will decide who to invite for a telephone interview.

HRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Please forward this opportunity to potential candidates.

Have a nice day

Heiko Hoffmann

--
Dr Heiko Hoffmann