[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Internship in Haptics and Perception at 3DSystems
pulkit.kapur at 3dsystems.com
Tue Feb 3 13:54:07 PST 2015
3D Systems is pioneering 3D printing for everyone. 3DSystems provides the
most advanced and comprehensive 3D design-to-manufacturing solutions
including 3D printers, print materials, and cloud sourced custom parts. Its
powerful digital thread empowers professionals and consumers everywhere to
bring their ideas to life in material choices including plastics, metals,
ceramics, and edibles. Its democratized 3D design and inspection products
embody the latest perceptual, capture, and touch technology. 3DSystems has a
relaxed, open work environment, where creativity and innovation is
3D Systems is looking for interns to participate in Haptics application
development to use the new consumer haptic device -- Touch. Touch is a 3D
stylus based on proven haptic and robotic technology that provides a
realistic force feedback in 3D virtual environments (www.cubify.com/touch).
The application developer will implement applications based on design
guidelines on top of core haptics and graphics frameworks. He/she will help
to develop applications that are intuitive and fun for anyone to use the
Touch device. He/She will work collaboratively with fellow members of the
Design and Engineering teams to conceptualize, design and prototype ideas,
and implement from UI mockups.
• Prototype applications for the Touch device, interfacing with a variety of
perceptual devices (Oculus Rift, Leap Motion, HoloLens etc.).
• Increase adoption of the Touch device by building great software and tools
• Develop cool new virtual haptic effects such as texture modeling, physics
based simulation, etc.
• Create new applications that integrate 3D Touch, 3D printing and 3D
Currently pursuing a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science,
Mechanical Engineering or related.
• Knowledge of general Software Engineering best practice.
• Experience programming in of C++, design principles, and object-oriented
• Working knowledge of OpenGL.
• UI design experience using a cross-platform UI library (preferably Qt) and
C++ for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
• Experience with consumer electronic devices (3D cameras, 3D printers, VR
glasses, haptic devices etc.) would be a plus.
*Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:*
• Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms and platform specific UX
• Strong working knowledge of QT, WxWidgets, or FLTK or similar
cross-platform UI library.
• Knowledge of OpenHaptics would be a huge advantage.
• Knowledge of Unity gaming engine would be a plus.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, iterative, cross-functional team
• Obsession over great user experience, and a drive to implement the best
• Passion for virtual reality, robotics, haptics, and 3D printing and
Send qualified resumes to pulkit.kapur [AT] 3dsystems.com and put your name
and the job title ("Haptic Applications Internship") on the subject line.
View this message in context: http://robotics-worldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com/robotics-worldwide-jobs-Internship-in-Haptics-and-Perception-at-3DSystems-tp5710797.html
Sent from the robotics-worldwide mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the robotics-worldwide