[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] two open tenure-track assistant professor positions at Aalborg University Copenhagen

Volker Krüger vok at m-tech.aau.dk
Wed Feb 11 05:13:38 PST 2015

The Robotics, Vision and Machine Intelligence Lab (RVMI)  at Aalborg University Copenhagen (www.aau.dk<http://www.aau.dk/>) will open two new Assistant Professor positions, starting July  1st, 2015.

We are looking for two new colleagues who have a strong interest in actively acquiring research funding, team spirit, and experience in giving classes at the bachelor and/or master level.

Our robotics lab is located on the AAU campus in the harbor area of Copenhagen.
Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark, a very innovative and creative city and the world's capital for biking.

You should have demonstrated research excellence within or close to the area of robotics for manufacturing, and you should ideally have a strong background in manufacturing or mechatronics.
We are concerned with bringing advanced robot technology and concepts such as learning by demonstration and highly flexible, autonomous and mobile robots into the factory halls. Our interest focuses not only the individual robots but also their integration into the MES, use-case dependent tool construction and Plug and Produce, etc.
You must be familiar with manufacturing and automation concepts such as statistical quality control, the different types of automation and automation technologies, rapid prototyping, virtualisation technologies. Expertise in Computer Vision and Machine Learning is an asset.

Furthermore, you should have experience in areas like control, robotic actuators, tool construction.

You will participate in our running EU projects STAMINA and CARLOS (both on mobile manipulators for manufacturing tasks) as well as in the national project Mini-Picker (bin-picking).

Very important: you must have a strong interest in teaching.
The teaching will be initially focused mostly on the bachelor educations Manufacturing and Operations engineering (see also this link) and Sustainable Design.

Within the Sustainable Design bachelor education, we have to take care of two types of classes:
Profile 1 will focus on the area of Materials and processes (tooling, forming & joining). The core teaching profile lies in the area of materials, material properties and processing possibilities.
Profile 2 will be on the topic “product design in the focus of manufacturing”.
Together with the profile for position 1 above this position closes the triangle: Materials, processes, design in the focus of manufacturing.

The position is offered initially for a four-year period but are expected to be turned into permanent ones.

Please feel free to contact us for any question you might have
Volker Krüger: vok AT m-tech.aau.dk<http://m-tech.aau.dk/>
Lazaros Nalpantidis: lanalpa AT m-tech.aau.dk<http://m-tech.aau.dk/>

Note that this is not the official advertisement. For an official application you will have to go through the official web-site as soon as the official advertisement is up.

please fined further information (and the link to the official site)  http://homes.m-tech.aau.dk/vok/openPositions

---
Prof. Dr. Volker Krueger
Lab for Robotics, Vision and Machine Intelligence
Dept. of Mechanical and Production Engineering
Aalborg University Copenhagen
A. C. Meyers Vænge 15
2450 Kbh. SV, Denmark
email: vok at rvmi.aau.dk