[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Research positions in Hong Kong

D. Navarro-Alarcon dnavarro at mae.cuhk.edu.hk
Sun Feb 22 18:36:56 PST 2015

Dear Roboticists

The Chinese University of Hong Kong is seeking for researchers in
medical robotics.
We are currently inviting applications for the following posts:

- Postdoctoral fellow in robot design

We are looking for experienced candidates to design, build, and control
robotic manipulators for a surgical applications.
The applicant should hold, a master degree and a PhD degree in
engineering, and have extensive hands-on experience in mechanical
design, development of real-time control system, and experimental
verification of robotic prototypes.
The applicant is expected to lead a team of postgraduate students and
research assistants, be able to develop medical-grade robotic systems,
and publish papers in top academic journals.
Excellent written and spoken English skills are required.

- Project manager

We are looking for a candidate to coordinate the development of a
medical robotics project.
The applicant should hold a master degree in engineering, have previous
experience in the use of robotic technologies, and a strong interest in
biomedical engineering.
The applicant is expected to oversees the planning, implementation, and
tracking of specific short/mid-term objectives.
Excellent leadership and teamwork skills are required.

Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications
and experience.
Interested candidates should send via email a cover letter, detailed CV,
and portfolio of projects/robots developed to:

Prof Yun-hui Liu
yhliu[at]mae.cuhk.edu.hk
Dept Mechanical & Automation Engg
The Chinese University of Hon Kong