[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Autonomous Driving R&D Engineer: Motion Planning
Becker Jan (CC/ESA-NA CC/PJ-FA2)
Jan.Becker at us.bosch.com
Fri Feb 20 14:58:47 PST 2015
Bosch R&D in Palo Alto, California, USA is looking for excellent candidates with expertise in motion planning for a position in the autonomous driving team.
Degree Level: M.S. with at least 3 years of prior experience or Ph.D.
Major(s): Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
Your Duties and Tasks:
Perform research, develop, implement and evaluate algorithms for real-time motion planning in environments with dynamic obstacles for safe and comfortable motion of human users.
Skills / Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. or M.S. in computer science, engineering, robotics, or a related field
- Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in motion planning approaches in robotics.
- Working knowledge of optimization methods and optimal control methods.
- Excellent C++ programming expertise required, Python programming is a plus
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills
- Knowledge of Linux, and development on Linux systems preferred
- The ability to develop, understand and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly
- Experience with modern software engineering tools
- Experience working independently in a large software setting
- Experience working on robot and/or automotive electronics hardware a plus, as is experience with simulation environments and ROS
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate a proven ability to multitask and deliver on challenging software development tasks
Details and online application:
More information about the robotics-worldwide