[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 2nd Call for Participation-2015 The 4th International Summer School on Geometric Methods in Robotics

Troy Woo troy.woo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:56:45 PST 2015

TITLE: 2015 The 4th International Summer School on Geometric Methods in
Robotics

TIME: July 13th - Aug 24th 2015
LOCATION: Songshan Lake (SSL), Guangdong, China P.R.

ORGANIZERS:
+Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
+SSL Robotic Technology Research Institute

SPONSORS:
+National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
+Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST)
+Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)
+Harbin Institute of Technology Shenzhen Graduate School (HIT SZGS)

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
+Guobiao Wang, NSFC
+Zexiang Li, HKUST
+Han Ding, HUST
+Xiangyang Zhu, SJTU
+Yunjiang Lou, HIT SZGS

REGISTRATION:
+Course registration fee: USD 200  (Food and Boarding additional);
+Download application form from
http://www.ece.ust.hk/~atc/education.htm#summer and submit it along with a
CV to summerschool2015 at 163.combefore the deadline;
+We will accept qualified candidates on a first-come first-serve basis
until the quota is filled. In any case, confirmation letter will be sent by
May 15, 2015;
+CONTACT: Mr. Bin Liao
++Tel: +86 13590385280
++Email: summerschool2015 at 163.com

SYLLABUS:
+Basic Concepts of Differential Geometry (L?we)
++Linear Spaces
++Submanifolds and Manifolds
++Linear Lie Groups
++The Euclidian Motion Group
++Riemannian Geometry
++Homogeneous Spaces

+Basic Applications (Li)
++Rigid Body Motion and Screw Theory
++Subgroups and Submanifolds of SE(3)
++Manipulator Kinematics
++Robot Dynamics
++Trajectory Generation and Control

+Advanced Application (Li)
++Kinematics and Control of Multifingered Robotic Hands
++Robotic Motion Planning
++Workpiece Localization and Tolerance Theory
++Parallel Mechanism Synthesis and Design

+Guest Lectures-SLAM and mobile robot navigation

+Company visits & Field trips
++Visits to robotic companies (DJI, Googoltech, QKM, etc.)
++Field trips to learn the manufacturing ecosystem in the region

+Projects(optional)
++During the first four weeks of course study, interested teams can work
with instructors and the sponsoring companies to define a project of
relevance. They will be invited to complete the projects in the remaining
period.

PRINCIPAL LECTURERS:
+Harald Lowe, Dr., Apl. Professor, Technical University of Braunschweig

++Prof. Harald L?we received his Diploma and PhD degree in mathematics from
the Technical University of Braunschweig. Since his “Habilitation” in 2001,
he is working as a professor at the department of Mathematics of the TU
Braunschweig. Currently, he is concerned with projects in mathematics with
schools. His field of research is geometry and its applications.

+Zexiang Li, PhD, Professor, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

++Zexiang Li received his BS degree in electrical engineering and economics
(with honors) from CMU, MA degree in mathematics and PhD degree in
electrical engineering and computer science from UC Berkeley. He worked as
a research scientist in the AI Lab of MIT and as an assistant professor in
the Robotics Lab of NYU before returning to China. He is now a professor at
the ECE Dept. of HKUST, and the director of the Automation Technology
Center. He co-founded several robotic companies with his students,
including Googol Tech, DJI and QKM Tech.

GUEST LECTURES:
+Prof. Frank C. Park, Seoul National University
+Prof. Gregory Chirikjian, John Hopkins University
+Prof. Shaojie Shen, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
+Prof. Jia Pan, Hong Kong University

For more information, please visit our official website:
http://www.ece.ust.hk/~atc/education.htm#summer