[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CfP: SMC2015 Special Session on Shared Control - Deadline 31st March

Carlson, Tom t.carlson at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Feb 22 10:28:58 PST 2015

Special Session Call for Papers
SMC 2015 Special Session on Shared Control
http://www.smc2015.org/

Important Dates

March 31, 2015: Deadline for submission of full-length papers to special sessions.
June 1, 2015: Acceptance/Rejection Notification.
July 10, 2015: Author registration deadline.
July 20, 2015: Camera-ready submission deadline.

Introduction/Call for Papers

Prospective authors are invited to submit original papers to the Special Session, which is organised for the fifth consecutive year at the IEEE SMC conference.

Over the past decades the principles of shared control have been gaining interest in the research and engineering community as a design approach that integrates the best of both worlds: the fast, reliable, precise and inexhaustible task execution capabilities of automation and the complementary inventive, adaptive and interactive task execution skills of humans. Recent research has shown that shared control can enhance the capabilities of both human and automation in a wide variety of applications (driving, flying, wheelchair control, tele- operation of robots, etc.). We particularly encourage papers that focus on the design and/or evaluation of shared control systems.

We would also like to encourage prospective authors to actively participate in an accompanying workshop, which we are organising to be co-located at SMC 2015. This will be the fourth workshop on Shared Control at IEEE-SMC, in which we want to continue to strengthen the discussion in the Shared Control community on common principles for the design and evaluation of shared control systems.

Indicative Topics/Areas

Haptics and Teleoperation; Adjustable Autonomy; Assistive Technology; Brain-Machine Interfaces; Human Centred Design; Human-Machine System Design; Intelligent Vehicle Technology; Cyber Technology; Prosthetics; Human Factors; Context Awareness.

Submission

Manuscripts for a Special Session should NOT be submitted in duplication to any other regular or special sessions and should be submitted to SMC 2015 main conference online submission system on SMC 2015 conference website.

All submitted papers of Special Sessions have to undergo the same review process (three completed reviews per paper). The technical reviewers for each Special Session paper will be members of the SMC 2015 Program Committee and qualified peer-reviewers to be nominated by the Special Session organizers.

Organizers

David Abbink, PhD
Delft University of Technology
Mekelweg 2
2628 CD Delft
The Netherlands
D.A.Abbink at TUDelft.NL<mailto:D.A.Abbink at TUDelft.NL>

Tom Carlson, PhD
University College London
IOMS - RNOH
Stanmore, HA7 4LP
United Kingdom
T.Carlson at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:T.Carlson at ucl.ac.uk>

Mark Mulder, PhD
Delft University of Technology
Mekelweg 2
2628 CD Delft
The Netherlands
Mark.Mulder at TUDelft.NL<mailto:Mark.Mulder at TUDelft.NL>

—
IEEE Technical Committee on Shared Control
http://www.ieeesmc.org/technical-activities/human-machine-systems/shared-control<http://www.ieeesmc.org/technicalcommittess/tc_shc.html>
http://www.delfthapticslab.nl/work-with-us/ieee-smc/smc-tc-sc/<http://go.epfl.ch/shared_control_tc>