[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Flexibility and Dexterity in Industrial Robots: Demonstrators of New Frontiers in Industrial Applications; ERF 2015 workshop, Vienna, Austria
Ferdinando.Cannella at iit.it
Thu Feb 26 07:58:41 PST 2015
we cordially invite you to our workshop " Flexibility and Dexterity in Industrial Robots: Demonstrators of New Frontiers in Industrial Applications", which takes place at the European Robotics Forum 2015 on 12th of March, 08:30 - 10:00 (Room 3), in Vienna, Austria.
Dr. Ferdinando CANNELLA, IIT, Italy ferdinando.cannella at iit.it<mailto:ferdinando.cannella at iit.it>
Dr Sotiris MAKRIS, LMS - University of Patras, Greece, makris at lms.mech.upatras.gr<mailto:makris at lms.mech.upatras.gr>
Dr. Matteo ZOPPI, University of Genoa, Italy zoppi at dimec.unige.it<mailto:zoppi at dimec.unige.it>
The increasing need for High Mix and Low Volume production pushes the industry to investigate new solutions for increasing flexibility. Radical changes can be achieved by introducing autonomous production/handling units which can change task (from joining to handling and vice versa) and position (around the shop floor), eventually cooperating among themselves, reacting quickly to stoppages and reducing losses as much as possible. Technologies in this direction involve:
- Reconfigurable tools to enable autonomous and flexible assembly equipment to adapt production process to process/market variations,
- Intelligent, Control & Monitoring systems enabling enhanced performance and high level re-configurability of production processes
- Open integration & communication architectures to allow easier integration and networking of the control systems utilizing agent-based, web-services and ontology technologies.
This workshop will focus on presenting the latest advances in these topics, ranging from flexible grippers, dexterous robots and intelligent decision making software, aiming at concluding to challenges for the future.
08:35-09:45: Project Presentations
09:45-10:00: Round Table Discussion on Industrial robots needs on Dexterity and flexibility
Program and Speakers:
- Introduction by the moderators, Dr. Ferdinando CANNELLA, IIT, Italy
- Cooperating robots in manufacturing environment, Dr. Sotiris MAKRIS, LMS-University of Patras, Greece,
- Multi-agent and swarm fixturing and manufacturing in aeronautics, Prof. Rezia MOLFINO, UNIGE, Italy
- Adaptive, Camera Based approach for User Frame Determination in Industrial Robotic Application, Mr. Aldo BOTTERO, COMAU, Italy
- Robotics for flexible manufacturing system, Dr. Damien SALLE, TECNALIA, Spain
- Force/impedance based dexterous manipulation for assembly applications, Dr. Dragoljub SURDILOVIC, Fraunhofer IPK, Germany, Control
- Development of a Metamorphic Robotic Hand and Its Applications, Dr. Guowu Wei, KCL, Research associate
- Dexterous Manipulators: from Consumer Goods to Automotive Applications, Dr. Fei CHEN, IIT, Italy
* AUTORECON: http://www.autorecon.eu
* X-act: http://www.xact-project.eu
* Tomsy project: http://www.cas.kth.se/tomsy/
* SwarmltFIX: http://www.swarmltfix.eu
We are looking forward to seeing you in Vienna!
With kind regards,
The workshop organizers.
Ferdinando Cannella, PhD
Head of Advanced Industrial Automation Lab
Advanced Robotics Department
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
[Italian Institute of Technology]
Via Morego, 30
16163 Genova (Italy)
t: + 39 010 71 781 562
m: +39 338 96 76 884
f: + 39 010 71 781 232
Questo messaggio Email contiene informazioni confidenziali riservate ai soli destinatari. Qualora veniate in possesso di tali informazioni senza essere definito come destinatario vi preghiamo di leggere le seguenti note. Ogni apertura, copia, distribuzione del contenuto del messaggio e dei suoi allegati è proibito e potrebbe violare le presenti leggi. Abbiamo attivato ogni possibile e ragionevole precauzione per assicurare che gli allegati non contengano virus. Comunque non assumeremo alcuna responsabilità per ogni eventuale danno causato da virus software e simili in quanto è onere del destinatario verificarne l'assenza in ogni allegato attuando propri indipendenti controlli.
This electronic message contains information that is confidential. The information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the addressee we would appreciate your notification in this respect. Please note that any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. We have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any kind of attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise you to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
More information about the robotics-worldwide