[robotics-worldwide] [news] Codie, the new robotic toy for kids

Peter Erdei peter at getcodie.com
Tue Feb 24 03:28:33 PST 2015

Dear Group,

I’m really happy to be here with you and read your thoughts, articles and
ideas about robotics, and conference invitations from you. It helped me a
lot in the last few months because me and my team have created a little
robot and a unique visual coding language which simplifies the abstract
patterns of programming into blocks to teach kids the basics of coding.

We’ve built  Codie <http://getcodie.com/>  , a robotic toy to complement our
program and Codie is controlled by arranging these blocks to create
sequences. With Codie you’re essentially writing a code that interacts with
the real world. The peculiarity of our language lies in the ability that
you'll be able to export the code created on the graphic surface to
Javascript, modify it there and transform the code back to our app.
Additionally Codie is not just a toy but an educational tool as well. We are
developing our app to teach real coding patterns like variables, loops and
subroutines with the help of gamification.

So we have a lot of work behind us and hope that we can build something
really useful for kids, we reached a milestone and need your help and
thoughts. We are planning an Indiegogo campaign in the near future and
really love to hear your thoughts about our product in advance.
You can find more info about Codie on our webpage:  getcodie.com
<http://getcodie.com>  , where you can subscribe to our newsletter as well.

Hope you find our project interesting and we would really appreciate if you
would help our dream come true.

Best regards,
Peter