[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Positions in Robotics at National University of Singapore
ren at nus.edu.sg
Wed Jul 1 08:20:59 PDT 2015
The Singapore Institute for Neurotechnology (SINAPSE) brings together engineers, scientists and clinical researchers for basic science, clinical application and commercialization. SINAPSE focuses on discovering therapies for neurological diseases and injuries, and engineering clinical solutions.
Research Fellowship (Postdoctoral Fellowship) in Robotics Engineering (Tactile, Control & Mechatronics)
The Bimanual Dexterous Manipulation Consortium of the SINAPSE Institute is interested in
recruiting well trained, talented, skilled and highly motivated individuals to work under diverse programs in the areas of Sensors, Robotics, Mechatronics, Control Systems and Signal Processing but with a common goal and theme.
At the present time we have a need for several postdoctoral fellows with expertise in several of the key areas:
* • Sensor fabrication
* • Flexible robot development
* • Soft robotics design, fabrication and/or control
* • Intelligent control
* • Fabrication of scalable arrays of high density
* • Sampling and compression techniques
* • Fault tolerant system architectures and algorithms
* • Circuit design and embedded systems
* • Feature extraction and learning algorithms (spiking neural networks, convolutional neural
* networks, extreme learning machines)
* • Fault diagnosis and fault tolerant control
The selected candidate must have exceptional analytical abilities, very strong programming skills and outstanding hardware skills. The Fellow will be expected to publish several journal papers per year in high impact factor journals.
The successful candidate will have the following credentials
• Minimum Education: Ph.D.
• Strong publication track-record
• Excellent written & spoken English
To apply, please send your letter of intent, CV, and three references to Dr Kukreja
(sunilkukreja.sinapse at gmail.com<mailto:sunilkukreja.sinapse at gmail.com>), Dr. Ren (ren at nus.edu.sg<mailto:ren at nus.edu.sg>) and and Dr. Raye Yeow (bieych at nus.edu.sg<mailto:bieych at nus.edu.sg>).
** Apologize that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. **
- NUS has been consistently ranked among the top international universities and more information about National University of Singapore<http://www.nus.edu.sg/> can be found at http://www.nus.edu.sg/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_University_of_Singapore
The National University of Singapore is one of the top 25 universities in the world (2014 QS World
University Ranking) and offers internationally competitive compensation.
- Information about the Department of Biomedical Engineering of NUS can be found at: bioeng.nus.edu.sg<http://bioeng.nus.edu.sg>
Important: This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.
More information about the robotics-worldwide