[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Mechanical Engineer and Industrial Designer internships at Robotics Unlimited Inc with hire possibility

seb at robotics-unlimited.com seb at robotics-unlimited.com
Fri Jul 3 14:11:17 PDT 2015

Who we are:
We are a start-up bringing cutting-edge robotics technologies to the mass market and are currently developing super cool robots for the entertainment and defense markets. We are currently looking at expanding our team with the two following positions. We are looking for those not only with these qualifications, but those with an enthusiasm for engineering and design. Our work environment is always very casual and fun but can get high-demand during deadlines.
Mechanical Engineer Internship

We need an engineer that can participate in a team to build complex mechanical systems from robots to consumer electronics. Applicants should have a large portfolio of projects, either hobby or professional.

Responsibilities:
Work with the team on designing a multitude of different products.
Experiment with electromechanical systems to optimize weight, cost, volume, and part count.

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong theoretical background in Mechanical Engineering
SolidWorks Expert
FDM Rapid-prototyping experience
Knowledge of materials
Previous experience in making robots
Work under limited supervision
Excellent communication skills
Above average PC skills
Enthusiasm for engineering
U.S citizenship or Permanent Residency required
Able to start immediately

Recommended:
Good understanding of electric motors / drive train
Experience designing complex electromechanical products

Qualifications:
Pursuing or having a Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field

Industrial Design Engineer Internship

We are looking for someone who can turn a mechanical design into a great looking product while making sure it’s ready for mass production. Applicants should have a large portfolio of projects, either hobby or professional.

Responsibilities:
Work with team to modify a design to add artistic value and optimise DFM.
Help team decide the best materials or processes to use for manufacturing

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Great design capabilities from hand sketches to full 3D model
Mass Manufacturing knowledge and/or experience
Solidworks Expert
Part sourcing skills
Knowledge of materials
Work under limited supervision
Excellent communication skills
Above average PC skills
Enthusiasm for engineering
U.S citizenship or Permanent Residency required
Able to start immediately

Recommended:
FDM Rapid-prototyping experience

Qualifications:
Pursuing or having a Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field

If that’s you, send us ASAP a single file pdf including your education, portfolio of projects you’ve worked on, your availabilities and tell us about yourself in less than 300 words. Applications that don’t fit this format will be automatically rejected.

Applicants that we move forward will be scheduled for a Skype call or an in-person interview if possible.

Email your application at hr at robotics-unlimited.com <mailto:hr at robotics-unlimited.com>

Sebastien Cotton, Ph.D.
Founder and CEO
www.robotics-unlimited.com