[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Multiple Postdoctoral Researcher Positions
Inbox for Robotics Masters Program
robotics at innopolis.ru
Tue Jul 14 17:40:38 PDT 2015
Dear colleagues (sorry for cross-posting),
Intelligent Robotic Systems Laboratory of the Innopolis University (Russia, Kazan) invites applications for a number of
>>> Postdoctoral Researcher positions <<<
in the areas of
>> bipedal locomotion
>> rehabilitation robotics
>> swarm robotics
We offer you a stimulating scientific environment with excellent facilities for professional and personal development and fantastic opportunities of contributing to the development of a brand-new university focused on education and research in the field of IT & Robotics!
- Research (70-90% of time)
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses (as a TA, but exceptional candidates may have an opportunity for lecturing) (0-10%)
- Supervision of undergraduate and graduate students (10-20%)
- A PhD in Robotics, CS, EE, ME or a closely related field
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Proven record of publications in a relevant research field
- Broad knowledge of robotics, computer vision and AI
- High self-motivation, creativity, independence, pioneering spirit, strong interpersonal and team player skills
- Tolerant attitude to opinions, beliefs, racial or ethnic origins
- Excellent C/C++ coding skills
- Proficiency with Matlab/Simulink and ROS
- Experience in teaching and supervising project teams
- Working knowledge of Linux/Ubuntu, OpenCV, Gazebo and Latex
- Experience in mechanical design, CAD tools and online sensors usage
- Knowledge of Russian language is a plus, but is not an obligation as all teaching and communication in Innopolis University are performed in English
Priority will be given to the overall potential of the candidate and broad international experience. The position starts on September 1, 2015 or as soon as possible after September 1, 2015. A successful candidate will obtain the initial contract for one year, which could be further unlimitedly extended on the rolling basis. Exceptional candidate will have an opportunity of promotion to a tenure-track Assistant Professor position after 3+ years of service.
- Highly competitive salary from 90k to 160k RUS rubles per month depending on skills and experience (FYI: minimal and average salary for Kazan in Jan-Apr 2015 was officially registered as 6.5k and 32k per month respectively; Russian taxes are about 30% for the first 6 month and 13% starting from the 7-th month of your stay in Russia)
- Salary progression within this scale is subject to performance and will be reviewed every 12 months of the service
- Exceptional performance may be awarded with one-time bonuses and salary progression beyond the above scale
- Training and Development Opportunities, including overseas training periods at our partner universities and summer schools
- Payed vacation of 21 days per year
- Benefits package
- Tuition benefits for children
- Very friendly working environment!
[APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT:]
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with a passport photo (please specify your citizenship, birth date and current address)
- Letter of interest with salary requirements on self-assessment basis
- Research proposal
- Certificates and grade transcripts for Bachelor, Master and PhD degrees, English proficiency test and other certificates that may add value to your application
- List of publications
- Contacts of at least 3 professional references
The applications review will start on August 1, 2015 and continue until all the positions are filled.
Please send your applications via email to robotics at innopolis.ru with the email subject line: POSTDOC APPLICATION.
Only the successful candidates will be contacted for the next selection step.
Innopolis University: http://university.innopolis.ru/en/
Intelligent Robotic Systems Laboratory:
More information about the robotics-worldwide