[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: ISVC 2015 Special Track on Advancing Autonomy for Aerial Robotics

alexisk konstantinos.alexis at mavt.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 20 23:57:05 PDT 2015

Call for Papers: Special Track on Advancing Autonomy for Aerial Robotics

https://sites.google.com/site/iscv15aerialrobotics/
In conjuction with the 11th International Symposium on Visual Computing
December 14-16, 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada, USA ( http://www.isvc.net/ )

**Important Dates:**
	Paper submission: August 21, 2015
	Notification of Acceptance: Septermber 23, 2015
	Final Camera Ready Paper: October 20, 2015
	Advance Registration: October 20, 2015
	ISVC Symposium: December 14-16, 2015

**Scope:**
Aerial robots are currently at the forefront of robotic research and have
managed to raise great interest within our societies. As a field, aerial
robotics research encompass a multitude of disciplines including that of
modeling and aerodynamics, pioneering mechanical design, avionics, advanced
motion control, machine learning, sensing and estimation, computer vision,
path planning, decision-making and autonomous behaviors, distributed,
networked and multi-agent systems as well as human-robot interaction. This
special track aims to investigate and discuss new, novel and solid solutions
to the urgent problem of establishing true navigational and operational
autonomy for small aerial robotic systems such that they can function as
intelligent aerial service robotic agents to the benefit of our societies.
We welcome papers from all the relevant scientific fields and disciplines,
solid contributions or promising preliminary results that push the
state-of-the-art and try to advance, robustify and unify the
perception-action-navigation loops and improve the operational autonomy of
unmanned aicrafts as well as application-driven papers that present results
towards the goal to integrate aerial robotics as a new class of intelligent
agents able to support our collective societal needs.

**Topics:**
The topics of interest of this special track include but are not limited to
the following areas:
	* Applications of Aerial Robotics
	* Autonomous Navigation
	* Distributed Systems
	* Energy Efficient Aerial Robotics
	* Fault-Tolerant and Fail-Safe Systems
	* Field Robotics
	* Guidance and Navigation
	* Human-Robot Interaction
	* Machine Learning
	* Motion Control
	* Multi-Robot Systems
	* Networked Systems
	* Path Planning
	* Robotic Vision
	* Sensor Fusion
	* Simulation and Modeling
	* Simultaneous Localization And Mapping
	* State Estimation and Sensor Fusion
	* Vision-guided Aerial Robotics

**Paper Submission Procedure:**
Papers submitted to this ISVC 2015 Special Track must not have been
previously published and must not be currently under consideration for
publication elsewhere. Manuscripts should be submitted in camera-ready
formal and should not exceed 12 pages, including figures and tables (see
http://www.isvc.net for details). All papers accepted will appear in the
symposium proceedings which will be published by Springer-Verlag in the
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.

**Organizers:**

Kostas Alexis, ETH Zurich, konstantinos.alexis at mavt.ethz.ch
Margarita Chli, University of Edinburgh, mchli at inf.ed.ac.uk
Markus Achtelik, ETH Zurich, markus.achtelik at mavt.ethz.ch