[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] R&D Engineer at MUJIN Tokyo: Object Pose Estimation Expert for Robotic Manipulation

liuhuanjim013 liuhuanjim013 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:32:03 PDT 2015

R&D Engineer at MUJIN Tokyo: Object Pose Estimation Expert for Robotic
Manipulation

We gather the smartest people from all over the world to tackle the most
challenging industrial automation problems, in order to deliver the latest
and best robot technologies into factories, warehouses, food centers, and
many others.

We have built scalable real-time motion planning solutions that are having a
huge demand in industrial settings and we are looking for expert engineers
to work on object recognition and pose estimation for robotic manipulation,
in many challenging scenarios that require real-time robot perception such
as random bin-picking. We aim to build a scalable approach to the object
recognition and pose estimation problems to enable a very short deployment
cycle of our product into factories, food centers, warehouses and others.

Responsibilities:

You will be part of the core R&D team within MUJIN and will focus on the
design, development and deployment of computer vision applications. We work
in a fast paced, agile environment, where we constantly collaborate, peer
review ideas, and test proposed solutions. We encourage continuous learning
within the team, as well as constant brainstorming of ideas.

Minimum Requirements:

- MSc Degree or higher in computer science or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in object recognition or pose estimation.
- High proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Experience in creating computational efficient code that scales to
multiple applications
- Ability to turn academic ideas into high-quality practical code.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English.
- Highly enthusiastic about robots

Desirable Skills:

- PhD in Computer Vision related topics or MSc with vast computer vision
experience
- Expert in 3D pose estimation of textured and textureless objects in
cluttered scenes, with proven experience
- Very solid Python and C++ experience
- Advanced Linux user
- Experience with a vast set of computer vision libraries.
- Experience with multi-core architectures
- Previous contributions to open source projects.

Application Instructions:

If you are excited about computer vision and robotics, and want to tackle
the most challenging perception problems in robotics, please send your
resume to jobs at mujin.co.jp.

To know more about us, please visit http://www.mujin.co.jp/en/