[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Call for Robotics & Automation Faculty at Amrita University in India

Gayathri Manikutty gayathrim at am.amrita.edu
Mon Jun 1 12:08:08 PDT 2015

Do you know someone who would like a stimulating career change and
would like to join our robotics faculty at Amrita University in India?

We have exciting teaching opportunities open for prospective faculty
members who specialize in robotics and automation. The positions are
at the assistant or associate professor level with a starting date of
July 2015. Candidates with exceptional background and experience may
be considered at a higher rank.

We are interested in all areas of robotics including:
• Dynamics, control, and planning
• Graphics and intersection of vision and graphics
• Human-robot interaction
• Machine learning in robotics
• Novel mechanisms, materials and actuators
• Perception including computer vision, audition, and tactile sensing

Facilities at Amrita university includes the Amrita ABB Robotics Lab,
India's first ROS-industrial lab. ABB Group, a leading multinational
robotics and automation technology firm has collaborated with Amrita
to secure two ROS enabled industrial robots. Amrita is also proud to
own Clearpath's Husky, an all-terrain mobile robot to further field
robotics research.

Please forward this email or reply if you know someone who is interested.

-- Disclaimer:     The information transmitted in this email, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.Any views expressed in any message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Amrita University. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.