[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] REMINDER. Call for papers PNS-MI 2015 - Deadline: June, 22nd

Claudio.Castellini at dlr.de Claudio.Castellini at dlr.de
Mon Jun 8 00:27:24 PDT 2015

The PNS-MI Workshop 2015 - call for papers

Following the success of its previous meeting at ICORR 2013, the Peripheral Nervous System Machine Interface (PNS-MI) Workgroup is proud to announce a second workshop to be held at the upcoming ICORR conference (http://www.icorr2015.enabling-technology-festival.org) that will be held in Singapore and hosted by Nanyang Technological University (NTU). The PNS-MI Workgroup is a group of researchers in engineering, physiology, medicine and robotics who deal with human-machine interfaces connected non-invasively through the peripheral nervous system. We investigate ways to design, implement, optimize and apply these interfaces, with a particular focus on populations in need of unconventional control interfaces. (The typical example end-users are upper- and lower-limb amputees.)

The workshop takes place on August 11th, 2015, 9:00-12:30 and will accommodate both invited speakers AND novel paper submissions. Therefore,

We are now soliciting submissions to the PNS-MI Workshop 2015!

The topics of the WS are, but are not limited to,

. clinical adoption of existing approaches
. advances in surface EMG approaches
. novel human-machine interfaces - methods, sensors, protocols
. sharing control between the subject and the prosthesis
. functional assessment of the reha procedure and the subject's abilities

See also our website, http://wp.me/p3Vr5g-2I !

Submissions will be peer-reviewed; they are limited to 4 (FOUR) pages and must follow the ICORR template:

http://www.icorr2015.enabling-technology-festival.org/paper-submission/submit-paper

IMPORTANT DATE: all submissions are due by June 22nd, 2015

Please send your submission to claudio.castellini at dlr.de as a PDF file, and write [PNS-MI WS 2015] in the subject.

We look forward to seeing you in Singapore!

The PNSI-MI community