[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Join us in experimenting a novel review system! Call for comments/review for the RSS 2015 Workshop on Open Review.

Gian Diego Tipaldi-2 tipaldi at cs.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 5 09:01:33 PDT 2015

Call for comments/review: RSS 2015 Workshop:
Reviewing the review process: An open review experiment for the robotics
community.
July 17, 2015, Rome
Website: http://openreview.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/

Join us in experimenting an open review model for robotics research!!!

CALL FOR COMMENTS/REVIEW
We are experimenting with an open review model for robotics and we
invite the robotics community to join our effort and publicly comment on
all the workshop submissions. Under our open review model, anyone may
provide comments and ratings to the submitted papers as part of the
reviewing process. Comments can be attributed (non-anonymous) or anonymous.

The list of submitted papers is available here:
http://openreview.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/submitted

To leave a comment, open the page with the details of a submitted paper
and write a comment underneath, optionally stating your name and email.
Please also use the 5 star rating system to grade the quality of the work.
Optionally you may register and log in to the system to leave an
attributed comment.
Please note that comments from unregistered users will be moderated by
the program committee, to avoid spam.

LAST CALL FOR PAPERS
We are leaving the submission system open for rolling submissions until
the end of the commenting period. Submission are welcomed also during
the commenting phase.

MOTIVATION AND OBJECTIVES
The reviewing process for robotics conferences has remained quite
constant over the past decades, while the community has grown many
folds. It is widely recognized that the current reviewing system is far
from perfect and has some serious deficiency: It is slow, taking up to
six months from submission to publication. Anonymous reviewers might be
biased. Reviewers get little credit for their good work and can write
bad reviews with almost no consequences. Traditional peer review is also
a static process, where changes in the paper can only be done at
pre-scheduled intervals.

With this workshop, we want to increase awareness for an open reviewing
process. We believe that open review will not only help the authors and
reviewers but also significantly improve the quality of publications.
The goal of the workshop is two-fold. On one side, it is a discussion
forum on the current reviewing model and the benefits of a more open
system. On the other side, it will serve as an open review experiment,
where we select contributed papers from all areas in robotics to be
presented based on an open review model.

Further details on the review model are available on
http://openreview.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/cfp

IMPORTANT DATES
-------------------------
Commenting closes:  June 28
Decision of papers:  July 4
Workshop:  July 17

FURTHER INFORMATION
--------------------------------
Please visit the webpage http://openreview.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/
or contact the organizers

Gian Diego Tipaldi, Pratik Agarwal, Wolfram Burgard
University of Freiburg, Germany

--
Dr. Gian Diego Tipaldi
Akademischer Rat (Lecturer)

Department of Computer Science
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
Georges-Köhler-Allee 79, D-79110 Freiburg, Germany
Email : tipaldi at cs.uni-freiburg.de
Phone : +49 (0) 761 203 8014