[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Software Test Engineer Position within SeeByte Ltd
thomas at gravitatehr.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 04:03:59 PDT 2015
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime robotic systems, are looking to recruit IT/Software Engineers into our Software Test Department, based at our Edinburgh offices.
SeeByte utilises state-of-the-art software test and verification tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube and Ranorex to ensure our robotic and data management products have the highest levels of reliability and integrity in a domain where quality and safety is paramount. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future of how SeeByte products are built, tested and deployed to clients with the chance to research and implement new continuous delivery technologies and techniques.
You can expect to be working with software systems, continuous integration and automated testing frameworks such as Jenkins and Ranorex. The role will assist in the development and deployment of new tools and manage supporting IT infrastructure.
As a member of the Test Department team, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Contribute to the infrastructure supporting the continuous delivery pipeline of SeeByte products such as embedded smart software and user interface components such as SeeTrack Military, SeeTrack CoPilot and AIV autonomous vehicle system
- Testing interprocess communications, user experience, autonomous mission planning and execution and post-mission analysis tools for collected data
- Extend existing continuous integration and automated testing infrastructure
- Develop new strategies to validate all aspects of the lifecycle of SeeByte software
- Analyse deployment scenarios for the software and execute test cases under controlled conditions
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team, develop new personal and technical skills, and help shape the future testing and deployment capabilities within SeeByte. This position would be especially suited to a new graduate or junior engineer. On the job training will be given among the other benefits of working for SeeByte such as:
- Private pension
- Annual bonuses
- Family benefits such as an HMRC approved childcare voucher scheme
- Great opportunities to learn as part of a developing team
- Chance to work for a company who has a reputation for delivering quality software and never before seen capabilities in the field of autonomous and remotely operated underwater vehicles
Skills & Requirements:
Graduate in Computer Science/IT/Software/Electronic Engineering or similar. Other relevant qualifications & experience will be considered.
Continuous Integration Systems such as Jenkins, CDash or Teamcity
- Unit testing and integration testing
- Issue tracking systems, such as Bugzilla or Jira
- Source code management, such SVN, git, mercurial, bazaar
- Build systems such as Maven, CMake, Visual Studio
- General Linux or Windows scripting skills (e.g. bash, cmd-prompt)
Skills in some of the following would be an advantage, but not essential:
- Virtualisation, including setup and management
- Good technical writing/reporting skills
- Good inter-personal/communication skills
- Confident working in a small company environment
- Dependable when working to tight deadlines
- Can-do attitude and willing to learn on the job
About SeeByte Ltd:
Operating from offices in Edinburgh, Scotland and San Diego, California, SeeByte has achieved a position of leadership in the development of smart software for underwater vehicles, sensors and systems in both the Military and Oil & Gas sectors. SeeByte provides products and services to major government and commercial clients around the world.
In the military sector, SeeByte's SeeTrack Military software has been chosen by nineteen of the world's navies to optimise operations involving unmanned underwater vehicles. SeeTrack Military enables fast and efficient mission-planning, monitoring and post-mission analysis.
In the oil & gas sector, SeeByte has developed tools to automate complex subsea tasks. In order to lessen the demands placed upon operators, smart software technology can be used to make operations more efficient and consistent. Through SeeByte's software capabilities, operators can focus on the job at hand with a higher level of confidence in vehicle control, improving quality and reducing the time and cost of performing a range of subsea tasks.
SeeByte is increasingly partnering with leading hardware manufacturers to provide enhanced capabilities for their sensors and systems. These partnerships are changing the subsea industry by providing turn-key robotic solutions, capable of carrying out complex and often risky operations in a safe and more efficient manner. SeeByte's current partnerships include:
Subsea 7: This collaboration will result in AIV (Autonomous Inspection Vehicle), the first truly autonomous inspection vehicle for the offshore Oil & Gas industry
SMD: Paired with SeeByte, SMD now offer advanced vehicle control software with a range of automated capabilities for work class ROVs.
VideoRay: Equipping Micro ROVs with advanced control software for a range of automated capabilities
Bluefin Robotics: Bluefin's 21-inch AUV platforms are equipped with SeeTrack AutoTracker to autonomously perform export pipeline inspections.
Teledyne Blueview: Providing advanced tracking software for forward looking sonars.
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to hr at seebyte.com<mailto:hr at seebyte.com>
More information about the robotics-worldwide