[robotics-worldwide] [software] Code release for Event-based Cameras: ROS driver and tools for intrinsic and stereo calibration

Davide Scaramuzza scaramuzza.davide at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 05:04:34 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to our open-source ROS driver and
calibration package for the Dynamic Vision Sensor (DVS) (also known as
Event-based camera or Neuromorphic camera).
A DVS  is a novel vision sensor, whose operating principle is
fundamentally different from that of standard cameras. While standard
cameras send images at a fixed frame rate, a DVS only transmits
pixel-level brightness changes at the time they occur with micro-second
temporal resolution. Due to its low latency and high dynamic range
(120dB), the DVS is a very promising sensor for high-speed and agile
mobile robots.

Our package brings the DVS into the ROS ecosystem by providing a driver,
messages, and a tool for both intrinsic and stereo calibration using an
active pattern. The code is hosted on GitHub:
https://github.com/uzh-rpg/rpg_dvs_ros

References and robot applications: http://rpg.ifi.uzh.ch/research_dvs.html
DVS website: http://www.inilabs.com/products/dynamic-vision-sensors

Best regards,
Elias Mueggler & Davide Scaramuzza

--

Prof. Dr. Davide Scaramuzza
Head of the Robotics and Perception Group: http://rpg.ifi.uzh.ch/people_scaramuzza.html
University of Zurich,
Andreasstrasse 15, AND 2.26, Zurich, Switzerland
Office: +41 44 635 2409
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/ailabRPG/videos