[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Embedded Software Position at Bossa Nova Robotics

Sarjoun Skaff sarjoun at bnrobotics.com
Wed Jun 10 07:59:07 PDT 2015

Bossa Nova Robotics is a Carnegie Mellon spin-off building robots that live
and work around people. We are a small company focused on solving big
problems with robots in a fast-paced, creative environment. We are looking
for an experienced roboticist or computer scientist to lead advanced
computer vision development.

Job Description
============
- Architect software for distributed real-time embedded systems
- Design and develop production software for embedded systems
- Develop & maintain embedded drivers for Ethernet, USB, wireless, and
standard embedded communication interfaces (e.g. SPI, I2C, SMBus)
- Develop, adapt, and maintain programs and scripts to support development,
testing, and production
- Support QA with documentation and testing procedures

Requirements
===========
- 7 years hands-on experience architecting and developing embedded software
(C/C++)
- Experience with ARM and other embedded mobile processors
- Experience in communication protocols, motor control and sensor data
acquisition
- Experience in designing and developing APIs and embedded libraries
- Experience in development for safety and security
- Experience building and support test procedures for QA
- Minimum Degree: BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- US or non-US citizen with work authorization

Nice to Have
==========
- Experience with STMicroelectronics processors
- Experience with ROS
- Knowledge of data management
- Expertise in database development
- Experience in scripting languages
- Agile development experience
- Experience in application development under Linux and Windows
- Experience in basic web technologies

To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to jobs at bnrobotics.com.

See our other job openings at http://www.bnrobotics.com/#!jobs/cbq9

--
sarjoun skaff, phd | founder & cto | bossa nova robotics | +1 (412) 267-7266
 | www.bnrobotics.com
*“if i were a robot, i would run”*