[robotics-worldwide] [software] new YARP software release (2.3.64)
Lorenzo.Natale at iit.it
Mon Jun 22 13:55:59 PDT 2015
I am glad to announce that the latest release of YARP 2.3.64 has been released and is available for download from www.yarp.it.
YARP is a middleware for robotics supporting peer-to-peer communication with an extensible family of connection types (tcp, udp, multicast, local, MPI, mjpg-over-http, XML/RPC, tcpros, ...). It also provides a set of interfaces for abstracting hardware devices for controlling actuators and reading sensors.
Notable improvements in this release are:
* full ROS support (interoperability with roscore, support for ROS type system and API extension for nodes and topics)
* code generator for custom data types and services using the Apache Thrift IDL
* dynamic plugin system for new protocols and devices
* experimental support for channel prioritization using QoS
* new GUIs written with Qt5
* support for MS Visual Studio 2012.
YARP is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS. It is needs minimal dependencies and can be easily obtained by compiling it from sources or from binary packages. It was written with interoperability in mind and can be extended with custom protocols to talk to foreign systems. A notable example is the ROS interoperability which allows for example to talk to ROS from a Windows machine.
Source code is available on Github: https://github.com/robotology/yarp
Installation instructions, online documentation and tutorials: www.yarp.it
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Lorenzo Natale, PhD
lorenzo.natale at iit.it
via Morego, 30 16163 Genova
Ph: +39 010 71781946
Fax: +39 010 7170205
More information about the robotics-worldwide