[robotics-worldwide] [news] 2 Weeks Left to Apply - IdeaHub Accelerator with ABB Robotics - Bring your Robotics & AI projects to life

Alex Depper alex at theideahub.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 04:29:46 PDT 2015

IdeaHub Robotics Accelerator - Bring your Robotics & AI projects to life with ABB Robotics

Two weeks left to apply!  Applications close 7th July.

The IdeaHub is recruiting robotics innovators worldwide to take up a unique opportunity to pitch their ideas to world leading industrial robotics manufacturer, ABB Robotics.

We are seeking to accelerate commercial relationships as well as accelerate growth and our flexible model is designed to suit all types of venture; from established businesses looking to break into new markets right through to post grads working to get their projects out of the laboratory.

Successful applicants will get the chance to pitch their ideas directly to senior ABB Robotics staff at an IdeaHub event in August 2015. The best pitches will get an offer which can include funding, access to robots, technological and commercial support, as appropriate to the needs of their business. All outcomes can be structured to your specific needs and can also support other investment activity you may be working on.

You can apply via on our on-line portal in as little as 10mins. Within the application we ask for a 2 minute video introduction (from a webcam or phone) but you have the option to submit this post application. We only require information that is already in the public domain.

We are accepting applications which fit within any of three great challenges for the future of industrial robotics:

Simplicity / Deep Learning / Ecosytem

THE CHALLENGES
See all challenges here: http://bit.ly/1FFhFl2

-------------------------------
1.) SIMPLICITY
How could the next generation of robots interact with humans?

Do you have an idea or prototype that could help make controlling robots a possibility for everyone?  Could you benefit from some collaboration with ABB Robotics to develop your solution to the next level?

http://bit.ly/1FFhFl3

-------------------------------
2.) DEEP LEARNING
You live and learn, but robots do neither.

Do you have a piece of the learning puzzle that could be applied to industrial robotics? Could you benefit from access to an ABB Robotics industrial robot to test or prove your concept?

http://bit.ly/1Aw6V9Y

-------------------------------
3.) ECOSYSTEM
Robots operate within diverse commercial and technical ecosystems formed by infrastructure, sensors, accessories, technicians, operating systems and software.

Do you have an idea, concept or technology which could help harmonize this robot ecosystem and could collaboration with ABB Robotics bring this into industry?

http://bit.ly/1Aw6Y5q

APPLICATION PROCESS

1.) SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
Applications are made via a short video application on our on-line portal, which means they are simple to prepare, quick to do and require no sensitive documents to be shared. Applications must be received before 7th July 2015

2.) GET SHORTLISTED
We select the best ideas and ventures during July and contact them directly to invite the winners to attend our August pitch day event

3.) MAKE YOUR PITCH
Pitch your idea or venture directly to ABB Robotics in August 2015 - we will select the best ideas or ventures to receive an offer from ABB Robotics

4.) GET AN OFFER
We will make you an offer which could include funding, access to robots, venture support or market access based on your needs

Applications Open: 6th May 2015
Application Deadline: 7th July 2015

See full FAQ here: http://bit.ly/1FFhGp2

Good luck with your application. If you have any questions, please contact Simon Blair (simon at venturebright.co.uk) or Alex Depper (alex at theideahub.co.uk)

Follow us on Twitter @RoboAccelerator
ABOUT ABB ROBOTICS:
ABB Robotics is a pioneer in the robotics industry, with a global installed base of more 250,000 industrial robots. Having developed the first commercially available, micro-processor controlled electric robot in 1974, ABB Robotics recently introduced YuMi(r), the world's first truly collaborative dual-arm industrial robot

ABOUT THE IDEA HUB:
The IdeaHub is an innovation platform from Venturebright, a venture development and innovation consultancy whose founders have a cumulative 50 years of experience in successfully building and launching new business ventures.

http://bit.ly/1G32DsB
https://twitter.com/RoboAccelerator