[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] 2 Surgical Robotics Postdoc Positions at Vanderbilt

Webster, Robert James robert.webster at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Jun 26 00:10:32 PDT 2015

Two postdoctoral research positions are available immediately in the Medical Engineering and Discovery (MED) Laboratory at Vanderbilt University. The successful candidates will work on several NIH funded projects related to robotic inner ear and cochlear implant surgery. The devices we are building help surgeons restore hearing to deaf patients, and the successful applicants will have close interaction with physicians at the Vanderbilt Medical Center in the Computer Assisted Otologic Surgery (CAOS) Laboratory.

For further information and publications on these topics see:
http://research.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/MEDLab/
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/CAOS/

Description of the “Surgical Robotics” Position:

We seek an applicant with hands-on mechanical design/fabrication experience and strong experimental skills. Experience with robotic bone drilling is desirable, but not required. Any prior exposure to the IRB/FDA approval process is desirable, but applicants without such experience will be considered provided they are interested in learning about and being involved (<50% effort) in the process. We are working toward pilot studies involving live human subjects - if this excites you, then this position may be ideally suited for you.

Description of the the “Image-Guided Surgery” Position:

We seek an applicant with strong computer science skills and experience in medical image processing and image guided surgery. Experience in registering medical images to patients and robotic systems is desirable. Experience in solving real-world problems with clinical collaborators is desirable.

Both positions are open immediately. Review of applications will begin as applications are received and continue until the positions are filled. To apply, compile the following items into a single pdf:

1. One paragraph summary of qualifications and relevant experience
2. Available start date
3. Name and email addresses of at least three references
4. CV
5. 1-2 representative publications

Send to: robert.webster at vanderbilt.edu
Please put "Postdoc Application - Surgical Robotics“ or “Postdoc Application - IGS” on the Subject line.