[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] "Breaking the Surface 2015" interdisciplinary workshop on marine robotics and applications - Early-Bird registration until 4th July!

nmiskovic nikola.miskovic at fer.hr
Mon Jun 29 08:14:36 PDT 2015

      Early bird registrations until 4th July 2015!

We are happy to announce that "Breaking the Surface 2015" workshop will
take place from*4 - 11 October 2015 in Biograd na Moru, Croatia*.

BtS2015 is a continuation of yearly field trainings where we try to fuse
a standard, workshop-type knowledge transfer event with several days of
demonstration-purposes fieldwork in end-user disciplines of various
marine robotics and marine remote sensing technologies. However, we also
host keynote / plenary speakers and hands-on tutorials in disciplines
such as marine robotics and marine remote sensing; maritime and nautical
archaeology and history, submerged cultural landscapes; marine biology,
biological oceanography and marine natural conservation; maritime
security; etc.

*Register for the event*HERE <http://bts.fer.hr/bts/registration>! Both
student and standard registrations include accommodation costs, meals,
tutorials and the complete social programme. Check outBtS Website
<http://bts.fer.hr/>for more details.

*So far, for this years' program we have confirmed more than 20
lectures, demonstrations and tutorials! *

*CONFIRMED LECTURERS:*

  * Asgeir J. Sørensen, Martin Ludvigsen, Thor I. Fossen, Kristin Y.
    Pettersen,Geir Johnsen, Ingunn Nilssen and Øyvind Ødegård; Norwegian
    University of Science and Technology – NTNU, Norway
  * Marco Bibuli, The Institute of Intelligent Systems for Automation
    (ISSIA), National Research Council of Italy (CNR), Italy
  * Jeff Neasham, Newcastle University, UK
  * Andreas Birk, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
  * Gianluca Antonelli, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy
  * Mirko Kovač, Imperial College London, UK
  * Robin R. Murphy, Texas A&M University, US
  * Stockton Rush, OceanGate Inc, US
  * Blaženka Gašparović, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Croatia

We are looking forward to seeing you in Croatia!
Best regards,
BtS2015 Organizing Committee
Asst. Prof. Dr. Nikola Mišković
FP7 CADDY Project Coordinator (http://caddy-fp7.eu/)
H2020 FET project subCULTron (http://subcultron.eu/)

    /University of Zagreb /
    /Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing /
    /Department of Control and Computer Engineering /
    /LABUST - Laboratory for Underwater Systems and Technologies /
    /Unska 3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia /

    /phone: +385 1 6129 815, fax: +385 1 6129 809 /
    /e-mail: nikola.miskovic at fer.hr /

    homepage: http://labust.fer.hr/nmiskovic
    http://labust.fer.hr <http://labust.fer.hr>