[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] A Postdoc position in autonomous robot navigation at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
#P.G. CHAMINDA NAMAL SENARATHNE#
SENA0003 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Mon Jun 29 23:56:16 PDT 2015
A postdoctoral research fellow position is available in the area of autonomous single/multi-robot navigation and perception for search and rescue missions in unstructured/semi-structured 3D environments.
The successful candidate will work with Prof. Danwei Wang (http://goo.gl/ujJb9U) and a group of Research Fellows, Research Associates and PhD/Masters/Bachelors students in the ST Engineering - NTU Corporate Laboratory at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (http://goo.gl/oUCcvY). It is expected that the researcher would be genuinely excited about validating research results in field experiments using real robotic systems.
The applicant must
- Have completed/near completion of his/her Ph.D in a related field of research (Mobile Robotics, Electrical/Electronic/Computer/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science).
- Have extensive knowledge in at least one of the following research areas (for single or multiple robots) : SLAM, Probabilistic mapping, Path and Motion planning, Trajectory planning and control, Vision for robot navigation, Machine learning for robot navigation.
- Be willing to collaborate with other team members and help and guide junior researchers on a regular basis.
- Be willing to apply his/her knowledge to other research topics outside of his/her core interests.
- Be comfortable with software development for robotic systems.
Preference will be given to applicants with following skills
- Extensive C/C++/Python and/or MATLAB programming skills.
- Experience in robotic software development using ROS.
- Experience with standard open-source robotics related software libraries such as OMPL, PCL, OpenCV, etc,.
- Hands on experience with implementing/deploying algorithms on actual robotic systems and conducting field experiments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
You can send in your CV and a cover letter including a description of past experiences to Prof Danwei Wang at edwwang at ntu.edu.sg as soon as possible. Initial contract is for one year with a possibility of extension up to a maximum of three years. An attractive remuneration based on the experiences and qualifications and a standard benefit package competitive with the industry will be provided for the successful applicant.
More information about the robotics-worldwide