[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: ICRA2015 workshop on Upper Extremity Exoskeletons, May 30, 2015

Deshpande, Ashish Ashish at austin.utexas.edu
Sun Mar 8 16:07:55 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to attend a workshop titled "Challenges and Strategies in the Design and Control of Upper Extremity Exoskeletons" which will be held on Saturday May 30, from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM during ICRA 2015, in Seattle, Washington, USA.

The workshop aims to bring together experts from wide ranging fields including design, controls, software and human factors (biomechanics, ergonomics and neuromotor controls) to discuss the challenges in design and control of upper extremity exoskeletons and optimal solutions.

Workshop website: http://www.me.utexas.edu/~reneu/ICRA2015/workshop.html and conference website: http://icra2015.org<http://icra2015.org/>

POSTER SESSION
We have invited a number of leading researchers in relevant field to give talk and participate in panels. Additionally, we will feature poster 'teaser sessions' where participate will pitch their poster topic, and time will also be allotted for a poster session for more in-depth conversation.

Prospective poster presenters are invited to submit a 1-page abstract and express whether they would be interested in presenting a demo during the poster session. The submissions will undergo a review by the organizers to assess the quality and relevance to the workshop. Accepted abstracts will be made available on the workshop website.

Abstracts may be submitted by email to the organizers at: Reneu.Mahi at gmail.com<mailto:Reneu.Mahi at gmail.com>
For further information, see http://www.me.utexas.edu/~reneu/ICRA2015/workshop.html.

Please use the typical IEEE conference format, available here:
http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/tex.php
http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/word.php

IMPORTANT DATES
Abstract submission: March 29th, 2015
Notification of acceptance: April 15th, 2015
Workshop date: May 30th, 2015

ORGANIZERS
Ashish D. Deshpande, PhD<http://www.me.utexas.edu/~reneu/>
Marcia O'Malley, PhD<http://mahilab.rice.edu/>