[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PhD position in Planning in Heterogeneous Multi-Robot systems @IDSIA, Switzerland
Gianni Di Caro
gianni at idsia.ch
Thu Mar 5 11:59:34 PST 2015
****************** PhD Position @ IDSIA ***********************
- PhD position in: Planning in heterogeneous multi-agent and multi-robot
- Start date and duration: April/May 2015, 3.5 years
- Location: "Dalle Molle" Institute for Artificial Intelligence
(IDSIA), Lugano, Switzerland (http://ww.idsia.ch)
- Official call:
- Study and development of novel mathematical models and
algorithms, both centralized and distributed, for action and
path planning in heterogeneous multi-agent and multi-robot
- Implementation and analysis of the models and of the algorithms
both in simulation and on real robot systems including ground
and aerial robots.
- Focus on planning for search and rescue missions.
- Involvement in the activities of NCCR Robotics consortium
(www.nccr-robotics.ch), which is the scientific context in
which research activities will be developed and applied.
The candidate must hold an MSc in a domain related to the
research topics. She/he must be highly motivated and must have:
expertise in writing scientific reports, excellent communication
skills in English (both writing and speaking), good attitude
towards team working in an international environment.
The scientific and technical knowledge of the candidate should
- Distributed robotics.
- Use and programming of mobile robotic systems.
- Mathematical modeling and mathematical programming.
- Techniques and algorithms for planning in multi-robot e
- ROS, C/C++, preferably in Linux environment.
Important dates and additional information:
* Deadline for submission of applications: March 22, 2015
* Duration of the fellowship: 3.5 years, possibly starting from
* English is the official language at IDSIA
* The candidate will work under the direct supervision of
Dr. Gianni Di Caro and Prof. Luca Gambardella
* Attractive salary, aligned with Swiss standards
* Additional information can be found in the official document
of the call (see below), and/or can asked to Gianni A. Di Caro
(gianni at idsia.ch) http://www.idsia.ch/~gianni
How to Apply:
Please refer to the procedure described in the official call for
the position, as published on on the website of SUPSI:
The application MUST be submitted through the online page:
Applications received after the deadline will NOT BE CONSIDERED!
More information about the robotics-worldwide