[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] NSF Workshop: Locomotion and Manipulation - Why the Great Divide

Koushil Sreenath koushils at cmu.edu
Wed Mar 25 19:38:02 PDT 2015

Greetings!!

  We would like to bring your attention to a NSF Workshop titled "*Locomotion
and Manipulation - Why the Great Divide?
<http://www.locomanip-greatdivide.org/>*" being held in Arlington, VA on April
2-3 2015.

The goal of the workshop is to bring together leaders in locomotion and
manipulation, from the communities of dynamics, controls, perception and
design. Our intent is to address the current dichotomy in approaches for
locomotion and manipulation and brainstorm ideas to bring them together.

We would love to invite members of the robotics community to join us in
participating in this workshop. More details below.

Date and Venue:  The workshop will be held during April 2-3, 2015 at Westin
in Arlington, VA (close to NSF).  [See http://www.locomanip-greatdivide.org
for details]

Participants and Sessions: Here's a list of 50+ confirmed participants
<http://www.locomanip-greatdivide.org/participants.html>, and list of
sessions <http://www.locomanip-greatdivide.org/schedule.html> for the
workshop.

How to Register: We are offering 20 spots for members of robotics-worldwide
to participate.

- (A) 10 NSF funded participants with no registration fee. (If we receive
beyond 10 registrations - capped to 20, we will arbitrate to select the
most relevant participants to the workshop based on research experience.)

- (B) 10 self funded participants with $230 registration fee.

If interested, please go here
<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/nsf-workshop-locomotion-and-manipulation-why-the-great-divide-tickets-16265485505>
to register for the workshop. For both the above options, you will need to
make your own travel and lodging arrangements.

Looking forward to having you participate.

Thank you,

Koushil Sreenath and Alberto Rodriguez

NSF Locomotion and Manipulation Workshop Organizing Committee.