[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Tenure track positions in Mechanical Engineering (Volker Krueger)

Volker Krüger vok at m-tech.aau.dk
Tue Mar 17 09:05:55 PDT 2015

The Robotics, Vision and Machine Intelligence Lab (RVMI)  at Aalborg University Copenhagen (www.aau.dk) will open two new Assistant Professor positions, starting July  1st, 2015.
RVMI is part of the Department of Mechanical and Production Engineering. We are looking for two new colleagues who have a strong interest in actively acquiring research funding, team spirit, and experience in giving classes at the bachelor and/or master level.

Our robotics lab is located on the AAU campus in the harbor area of Copenhagen.
Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark, a very innovative and creative city and the world's capital for biking. Denmark has one of the world’s best social systems with Kindergarden, health insurance, etc. The quality of life in Copenhagen is very high, with lots of young families.

In terms of science, you should have demonstrated research excellence within or close to the area of mechanical engineering or mechatronics.
We are concerned with bringing cognitive robot technology and concepts such as learning by demonstration and highly flexible, autonomous and mobile robots into the factory halls. Our interest focuses not only the individual robots but also on the construction of mechanical parts, such as gripper, mobile platforms and use-case dependent tool construction, etc.
You should have experience in areas like control, robotic actuators, tool construction.

You will participate in our running EU projects STAMINA and CARLOS (both on mobile manipulators for manufacturing tasks) as well as in the national project Mini-Picker (bin-picking).

Naturally, you should also have a strong interest in teaching.
The position is offered initially for a four-year period and are expected to be turned into permanent ones upon a good evaluation.

Please feel free to contact us for any question you might have
Volker Krüger: vok AT m-tech.aau.dk
Lazaros Nalpantidis: lanalpa AT m-tech.aau.dk
or visit our website rvmi.aau.dk