[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Tenure Track position in Manufacturing Engineering (Volker Krueger)

Volker Krüger vok at m-tech.aau.dk
Tue Mar 17 09:04:01 PDT 2015

The Robotics, Vision and Machine Intelligence Lab (RVMI)  at Aalborg University Copenhagen (www.aau.dk) will open a new Assistant Professor position, starting July  1st, 2015.
RVMI is part of the Department of Mechanical and Production Engineering. We are looking for a new colleague who have a strong interest in actively acquiring research funding, team spirit, and experience in giving classes at the bachelor and/or master level.

Our robotics lab is located on the AAU campus in the harbor area of Copenhagen.
Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark, a very innovative and creative city and the world's capital for biking. Denmark has one of the world’s best social systems with Kindergarden, health insurance, etc. The quality of life in Copenhagen is very high, with lots of young families.

In terms of science, you should have demonstrated research excellence within or close to the area of robotics for manufacturing.
We are concerned with bringing cognitive robot technology and concepts such as robot skills, learning by demonstration and highly flexible robots into the factory halls. Our interest focuses not only the individual robots but also their integration into the MES, use-case dependent tool construction and Plug and Produce, etc.
You should be familiar with manufacturing and automation concepts such as statistical quality control, the different types of automation and automation technologies, rapid prototyping, virtualisation technologies. Expertise in Computer Vision and Machine Learning is an asset.

Furthermore, you should ideally have experience in areas like control and process modeling.

You will participate in our running EU projects STAMINA and CARLOS (both on mobile manipulators for manufacturing tasks) as well as in the national project Mini-Picker (bin-picking).

Naturally, you should also have a strong interest in teaching.

The position is offered initially for a four-year period and are expected to be turned into permanent ones upon a good evaluation.

Please feel free to contact us for any question you might have
Volker Krüger: vok AT m-tech.aau.dk
Lazaros Nalpantidis: lanalpa AT m-tech.aau.dk
For more information please visit rvmi.aau.dk