[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: ICRA2015 workshop on central pattern generators for locomotion control, May 30, EXTENDED submission deadline April 12

Auke Ijspeert auke.ijspeert at epfl.ch
Mon Mar 30 15:03:07 PDT 2015

*##### SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENSION: APRIL 12 ####*

Dear colleagues,

It is our pleasure to invite you to participate to our full-day workshop
on "Central Pattern Generators for Locomotion Control: Pros, Cons, and
Alternatives", which will be held on Saturday May 30, from 9:00 AM to
5:00 PM at ICRA2015, at the Washington State Convention Center in
Seattle, Washington, USA . Please find the abstract below.

Online program: http://biorob.epfl.ch/icra2015cpg

The workshop will host a poster session of approximately 20 posters. To
participate, please submit a 3-page extended abstract via:
https://biorob2.epfl.ch/utils/icra2015cpg.php
Please use the typical IEEE conference format, available here:
http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/tex.php
http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/word.php
The submissions will undergo a review by the organizers to assess the
quality and relevance to the workshop.

*DATES
================
Extended submission deadline: April 12
Acceptance notification: April 15
*
ABSTRACT
================
Different computational models of Central Pattern Generators (CPGs) have
been used for locomotion control in robots. This workshop is dedicated
to provide a better understanding of how these models are applied to
control legged locomotion, and to discuss their benefits and common
drawbacks compared to other locomotion control approaches. This workshop
is not designed to promote or advertise the use of CPGs, but rather to
better understand the place and way to use them correctly. We invite
well-known researchers in locomotion control, some who use CPGs and
others who prefer alternative solutions, and initiate an in-depth
discussion to debate on the pros and cons. The key questions which will
be addressed in this workshop include, but are not limited to:
1. Which are the good examples of using CPGs as controllers?
2. Does the use of CPGs simplify the problem of locomotion control?
3. How to design closed-loop CPGs which take sensory feedback into account?
4. Can CPGs be integrated with state-feedback driven control?
5. Are CPGs good choices for whole-body control and a larger class of
motor behaviors apart from locomotion?

Best regards,
The workshop organizers

Mostafa Ajallooeian <mostafa.ajallooeian at epfl.ch
<mailto:mostafa.ajallooeian at epfl.ch>>, Florin Dzeladini
<florin.dzeladini at epfl.ch <mailto:florin.dzeladini at epfl.ch>>, Auke Ijspeert

*** This workshop is supported by the Biorobotics RAS TC:
http://www.ieee-ras.org/bio-robotics