[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Internships at Toyota ITC, Mountain View CA
asisbot at us.toyota-itc.com
Fri May 1 13:31:14 PDT 2015
Toyota InfoTechnology Center U.S.A., Inc (Toyota ITC) is looking for a highly self-motivated PhD/Masters student in Computer Science as Research Engineering intern for the partner robotics project.
The Objective of the internship is to provide interns with opportunities to utilize and apply their state-of-the-art knowledge to explore perception-driven robot-to-human object handover from a mobile robot in a health care domain. The ideal candidate would have experience in C/C++ development, ROS, and with mobile sensors, and/or robot manipulators. If time permits, academic publication based on the output of the internship will be considered.
Currently pursuing a PhD/Masters program in Computer Science or related field
• High level software architecture design & development, object oriented programming
• Excellent coding skills in C/C++ on a Linux based platform
• Experience with ROS
• Experience with manipulators
• Experience with version control systems, preferably git.
Bonus points for:
• Experience with force/torque sensors (big plus)
• Experience with robot grippers
• Experience in haptics
• Experience in mobile manipulation
- Part-time or full-time internship for a duration up to 3 months in Toyota ITC in Mountain View, CA.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will NOT provide VISA support).
To apply for an intern position, please submit your application along with the following materials
• Cover letter explaining your interest in the job and desired time frame for the internship
• Reference letters (optional)
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning, Smart Grid.
To apply, visit http://us.toyota-itc.com/jobs/
E. Akin Sisbot, Ph.D
Senior Researcher, Intelligent Computing Group
Toyota InfoTechnology Center, Mountain View, CA
More information about the robotics-worldwide