[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] RSS Workshop on Learning Reusable Concepts in Robotics

Justus-bulk at Piater.name Justus-bulk at Piater.name
Mon May 11 04:45:34 PDT 2015

Workshop on Learning Reusable Concepts in Robotics
https://iis.uibk.ac.at/conferences/lrc2015/
July 16, 2015, at Robotics: Science and Systems in Rome, Italy
Poster screening deadline: June 30, 2015

How do we build autonomous robots that are able to operate intelligently
in a complex world?

One key is to equip robots with the ability to learn reusable concepts
such as generic perceptual and motor skills.  To the extent that the
robot can learn new concepts on the basis of existing concepts, it can
bootstrap its sensorimotor and cognitive capabilities to ever increasing
levels.

Invited Speakers

This workshop will feature a program composed of invited speakers. We
have an exciting lineup of speakers, including senior authorities and
rising stars, all with proven expertise in this area, and with strong
and thought-provoking messages for us:

    Frank Guerin, University of Aberdeen
    George Konidaris, Duke University, Durham, NC
    Ben Kuipers, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
    Marc Toussaint, University of Stuttgart
    Emre Ugur, University of Innsbruck
    Paul Verschure, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
    Gregor Schöner, Ruhr-Universität Bochum

Discussions

A key goal of our workshop is to ignite discussions among the
participants (including the speakers), allowing the combined expertise
and diversity of viewpoints present in the room to unfold, as opposed to
conventional, one-way Q&A where the audience asks questions to be
answered by the speaker.

Posters

As an additional basis for discussion and to foster interaction on the
initiative of participants, we will accept a limited number of
contributed posters on a first-come/first-serve basis, subject to
informal screening.  Please e-mail a link to a downloadable PDF version
of your poster to both organizers by June 30, 2015.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Workshop,
Tamim Asfour and Justus Piater

--
Intelligent and Interactive Systems https://iis.uibk.ac.at/
Institute of Computer Science, University of Innsbruck, Austria