[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Application Software Engineer Position at Hstar Technologies, Cambridge, MA (full-time)

Yi-Je Lim ylim at hstartech.com
Wed May 13 12:08:06 PDT 2015

Robotics Application Software Engineer

A Robotics Software Engineer position is available at Hstar Technologies,
Cambridge, MA.

Hstar is developing cutting edge robotic systems that complement and extend
human capabilities, with particular emphasis the delivery of high quality,
affordable healthcare. A rapidly growing company, Hstar is building upon
technologies developed through advanced research and development to create
industry-leading commercial products.

We seek strong candidates in robotics application software engineering and
development to join our talented team.

Roles & Responsibilities:

This job position is to design, implement, and test robotics algorithms in
C++ and Python for medical & service robotics applications. We are looking
for software engineers with broad experience on real robot platforms and a
deep background in the following areas: navigation, motion planning, and
robot perception. Successful candidates will work individually and in small
teams to develop solutions and robot capabilities for our autonomous mobile
base and mobile manipulators.

Skills & Requirements:

*	BS or MS in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field;
*	3+ year of software engineering experience;
*	Experience with C++ and/or Python in a Linux Environment;
*	Experience in robot navigation, motion planning, or perception;
*	Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS);
*	A strong engineering background with hands-on experience developing
robotics systems;
*	Solid analytical skills and mathematical foundation;
*	Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
*	Ability to work independently, without direct supervision;
*	Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly;

The candidates for these positions should be able to work in a team
environment and coordinate the robotic development efforts, including
software module development, sensing, motion control, integration and
testing. Knowing mobile and web applications, computer vision, development
and control is a plus. Please send resume and portfolio items to
<mailto:jobs at hstartech.com> jobs at hstartech.com

-----

Yi-Je Lim (pronounced 'EJ'), PhD

Hstar Technologies Corp.