[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Software Infrastructure at Transcriptic's robotic cloud lab for biology

Allison Bawazer-Pedro allison at transcriptic.com
Wed May 13 16:51:18 PDT 2015

We are:
Transcriptic is a robotic cloud laboratory for the life sciences. Our modular, scalable platform enables organizations of all sizes to do more discovery at lower cost with substantially higher reproducibility. Transcriptic's cloud model means that there's no hardware to buy or software to install and customers pay only for what they use. Transcriptic currently supports a broad array of in vitro molecular biology, and has limited support for cell biology with expanded capabilities in development.

We're in this to change how basic research is done. We want seed incubators to fund biotech companies composed of two graduate students and a laptop, not social-local-mobile photo-sharing apps.

In our culture, everyone has precisely one priority, data wins arguments, and every individual is empowered to think creatively. Our work culture is an unstructured environment where you can do your best work supported by a group of your peers. Everyone sets their own goals, and hierarchy is naturally discovered.

We want:
Transcriptic is looking for someone with extensive hands-on experience with actual robots. In this position, you will be responsible for developing our robotics software infrastructure, building out our message passing interface that provides inter-process communication, and creating debugging tools. You may also work closely with our biologists to integrate new tools and features.

You have:
	• exceptional coding skills and attention to detail
	• mastery of several major programming languages
	• experience with different programming paradigms and an understanding of when each is appropriate
	• experience with basics like version control (git) and UNIX
	• a solid foundation of computer science fundamentals
	• a driving passion for software development
	• strong analytical and problem-solving skills
	• the ability to take a high-level mission and translate it into action with minimal further guidance

You also might have:
	• experience with ROS or similar
	• experience with Scala
	• experience with different programming paradigms and an understanding of when each is appropriate
	• deployed code on actual robotic hardware

You want:
	• a challenging environment that will push you to grow and improve professionally, every day
	• opportunities to learn new technologies and fields, along with the freedom to work on hard technology and real science
	• competitive salary and meaningful equity
	• flexible and generous vacation whenever you need a day (or three) off
	• 100% covered health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
	• a monthly CalTrain pass and cellular tethering
	• free membership to a gym of your choice
	• delivered lunch, catered dinner, and unlimited snacks

Transcriptic is an equal opportunity employer

To apply, please click the link below:
https://jobs.lever.co/transcriptic/68e9cb35-2d37-4001-ad08-e2b67965387e/apply?lever-source=RoboticsWorldwideUSC <https://jobs.lever.co/transcriptic/68e9cb35-2d37-4001-ad08-e2b67965387e/apply?lever-source=RoboticsWorldwideUSC>

Allison Bawazer-Pedro
HR and Recruiting

www.transcriptic.com