[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Internships at Intuitive Surgical in Sunnyvale, CA
James.Zhang at intusurg.com
Fri May 15 17:59:09 PDT 2015
Intuitive Surgical, the global leader in surgical robots, has the following full time internships in its Sunnyvale, CA headquarter. Enclosed is the job description. If you are currently enrolled as a graduate student and have the matching qualifications, please provide the time frame of your availability, and send me your resume and links of related projects at James.Zhang at IntuSurg.com. Please start your email subject with "Internship". Besides internship opportunities for this year, you are encouraged to check back for opportunities next year as well.
Systems Analyst (Robotics Control Engineer) - Internships
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci Surgical System, a minimally invasive highly-complex robotic surgery system that uses proprietary control software, advanced mechanics, and enhanced visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand. Systems Analysts, with a vital and wide-ranging role, are primarily responsible for generating, debugging and tuning the key algorithms associated with Intuitive Surgical products, and providing analytic assistance to other engineering groups. The Systems Analyst will investigate and resolve issues that impact the manufacturing process and system performances in the field. The successful candidate will have the technical depth to troubleshoot advanced problems and initiate improvements.
* Develop, implement, and support product testing, calibration and diagnostics software algorithms
* Address issues at production and also in the field, perform analysis, evaluate risk, determine root causes, provide solutions, and propose design improvements
* Identify and implement cost savings and continuous production process improvement on yield , quality, and efficiency
* Improve and refine embedded real-time control and safety algorithms, perform robot manipulator kinematics and dynamics analysis, and assign additional responsibilities commensurate with experience and learning
* An enrolled graduate student in an accredited university towards Master or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or similar field relating to robotics or mechatronics with an emphasis on Dynamic Systems and Control
* Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience in robot manipulator kinematics, dynamics, and control including motion and vision sensing
* Demonstrated sound engineering judgment and technical skills in real problem solving - from improving and optimizing performance levels to identifying issues, and making improvements
* Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly present to different audiences
* Strong motivation and desire to learn, drive creative and reliable solutions from rough requirements, and deliver key results that make a difference
* The ability to excel within a high-energy and focused team environment, maintain a strong sense of shared responsibilities and rewards, and make work fun
James Zhang, PhD
Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
1266 Kifer Road, Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Email: James.Zhang at IntuSurg.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide