[robotics-worldwide] [News] Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotic Challenge 2016

oc at mbzirc.com oc at mbzirc.com
Sun May 17 04:45:12 PDT 2015

Dear Roboticists,

The Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotic Challenge  (MBZIRC),
scheduled to take place in Abu Dhabi, UAE in the Fall of 2016, is a
global robotics competition with a total prize value of USD 5 million.

We wish to inform you that the initial Challenge Description for MBZIRC
2016 is ready and available on the MBZIRC website at
www.mbzirc.com/challenge.

MBZIRC 2016 has a two-stage application process.

First, teams must declare their intention to participate by registering
online at www.mbzirc.com/apply. (The deadline is June 15, 2015).
The second stage, “Call for Proposals,” with details on how to apply for
sponsorship, will be released in August 2015.

We would like feedback from the robotics community about the Challenge,
and kindly ask you to complete the questionnaire at
www.mbzirc.com/apply.
We also invite you to attend a MBZIRC Dissemination Event at ICRA 2015,
Noon - 1:30 p.m. May 27, 2015, Room 204 at the Washington State
Convention Center in Seattle, Washington, USA. Please RSVP using
oc at mbzirc.com .

With best regards

Lakmal Seneviratne
Robotics Institute, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, UAE.