[robotics-worldwide] [News] Scholarships, MSc in Computational Intelligence & Robotics, University of Sheffield

Roderich Gross r.gross at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon May 18 11:03:09 PDT 2015

This MSc offers hands-on research-intensive training in engineering,
computing and neuroscience. The course comprises a mixture of modules in
computational neuroscience, robotics, machine learning, biomechatronics,
and rapid control prototyping.

You will be taught by a multi-disciplinary team of internationally
recognised experts from the departments of Automatic Control & Systems
Engineering, Computer Science, and the neuroscience group in Psychology,
including:
Andreas Kolling https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/acse/staff/ak
Tony Dodd http://www.shef.ac.uk/acse/staff/tjd
Roderich Gross http://www.shef.ac.uk/acse/staff/roderich-gross
Kevin Gurney http://www.shef.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/kevin-gurney
Thomas Hain http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~th
Bryn Jones http://www.shef.ac.uk/acse/staff/blj
Neil Lawrence http://staffwww.dcs.shef.ac.uk/people/N.Lawrence
Roger Moore http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~roger
Osman Tokhi https://www.shef.ac.uk/acse/staff/mot
Paul Trodden http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/acse/staff/pt
Eleni Vasilaki http://staffwww.dcs.shef.ac.uk/people/E.Vasilaki
Dawn Walker http://staffwww.dcs.shef.ac.uk/people/D.Walker
Stuart Wilson http://www.shef.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/stuart-wilson

The MSc will prepare you for a wide range of potential careers from
fundamental research, through to engineering and science roles in major
organisations.

For more information:
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/acse/masters/compintel

220 scholarships available for students from under-represented groups:
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/finance/pss

The University's Women in Engineering initiative is helping to raise the
profile of talented female engineers and our learning culture ensures we
have an environment where both women and men thrive through academic and
personal achievement.